Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro Series M&P 2.0 (black 5") is out

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...lat-dark-earth
    Here you go no loaded chamber indicator no safety
    That is the one I have, Dawson Sights and G2G.

Just got mine in. Haven't shot it yet, although may try some USPSA with it tonight. The stock sights are tall as hell; won't fit into some holsters. Also I wasn't too impressed with these rough-feeling marks on the inside of the slide. I'm telling myself they were made by a highly skilled gunsmith who was carefully fitting the barrel and slide for maximum accuracy!

If it shoots < 4" 5 shot groups at 25 yards and doesn't malfunction I don't care. We shall see.

Forgot to mention, the trigger measured right at 6 pounds; It feels like a normal M&P 2.0 trigger.
    Last edited by LSW; 06-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSW View Post
    Forgot to mention, the trigger measured right at 6 pounds; It feels like a normal M&P 2.0 trigger.
    Wait six pounds? My Pro ( pre 2.0) was 4ish pounds stock before the trigger job.

If its six pounds why get a Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Wait six pounds? My Pro ( pre 2.0) was 4ish pounds stock before the trigger job.

If its six pounds why get a Pro?
    Yeah my old 1.0 Pro 4.25” had a noticeably lighter trigger than my compact. I wish I wouldn’t have sold it.

Vending Machine Operator
    I still haven’t been able to find a 5” black non-CORE and it’s giving me the grumpies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LSW View Post
    Just got mine in. Haven't shot it yet, although may try some USPSA with it tonight. The stock sights are tall as hell; won't fit into some holsters. Also I wasn't too impressed with these rough-feeling marks on the inside of the slide. I'm telling myself they were made by a highly skilled gunsmith who was carefully fitting the barrel and slide for maximum accuracy!

If it shoots < 4" 5 shot groups at 25 yards and doesn't malfunction I don't care. We shall see.

Please let us know how it goes. I want a 5 inch 2.0 and if the new Pro doesn't offer a significant advantage over the FDE models, I can convince myself that it's more bronze than brown .

I only had time for a quick 100 rounds today but it seemed fine. Shot some groups at 25 yards and it was holding 5 or 6" 10 shot groups with the crap Magtech 115gr bulk stuff. I won't hold that against it, I'm sure it's doing 4" with decent ammo. I didn't notice any vertical stringing or huge accuracy problems. Trigger and grip felt pretty good. My lyman gauge says 5 lb 13 oz average. Function was great, granted it was just 100 rounds. Will do a 2000 round challenge now I guess.
    Last edited by LSW; 06-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Okay, directly asking for help finding where to order one. Every single site I check only has FDE, even through Google.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Okay, directly asking for help finding where to order one. Every single site I check only has FDE, even through Google.
    Distributors still aren't getting many of these. It's going to take a bit longer to get them on shelves. Best bet right now is to search for the MPN on gun.deals and see who has one in stock.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User Tag List