Thread: One on One Pistol Class with F2S

One on One Pistol Class with F2S

Yesterday [25 April], I had the privilege of taking a private pistol class with Jack Leuba of F2S Consulting. Most, if not all here know who Jack is. If not. please head to their site--- www.F2Sconsulting.com and check him out.

My goal going into this instruction was to work on my 25 yard pistol accuracy. I very rarely shoot at that distance at my home range [indoor], and wanted feedback from a competent instructor. At 51 years old, with an astigmatism in my dominant eye [left--cross dominate--] my glasses for distance correction causes my near and immediate vision to suffer. To read up close, I simply remove the glasses. All that to say, Jack took time to listen to all that and work with what he had. I told him that his day didn't normally include being an eye Doctor too... But work with me he did. Incredibly patient, and he listened to, and absorbed every detail.

Every round fired has a purpose----no wasted ammo "hosing" the target. Every drill was specific, and in a building block fashion. Those elements are indicative of a professional.

I do not think of Jack as a "hardware" guy--the shooter is ~90% of the equation. But we did talk pistol sights, and how my eyes perceived them. For instance, I shot his Gen 4 Glock 17 with the CAP front [I hope I got that correct]. That with the Pro Operator rear gave me an excellent sight picture, and I probably shot his gun better than I did mine. [M&P]

Anyway, the purpose of this review is to encourage anyone looking for an excellent instructor for pistol or carbine to give serious consideration to Jack Leuba. Incredible shooter, exceptional instructor, and a great guy to spend time with on the range. And the range he uses is about as nice as any you will ever encounter.

I will definitely train more with F2S, and recommend them to my friends and family.

Thank you Jack! Thank you Todd for this forum, and opportunity to post this review.

Bill Lance

p.s. I could not possibly do justice to the course in a forum review--any specific questions--ask and I will attempt to answer 190bill@gmail.com

Thanks for posting! Any specific tips lead to improvement?

Besides sights I can see?

Learning to know or "read" whether you need the dot or top ledge of the sight is important at distance. I have "known" that, but never practiced it really. At the distances I typically train and practice, it does not matter.
    And I was somewhat smashing the trigger. Another thing we all know---the trick is slowing down and making yourself feel, and properly press the trigger while maintaining that sight alignment and picture. To drive home the point of the trigger press, we did some one-hand firing at 25 yds. Without the other hand to mask, or make-up for a sloppy trigger press, anything but a perfect stroke is readily apparent.

Accept the wobble zone, and do not ambush the trigger. I didn't realize I was doing that until Jack mentioned it, and sure enough I was.

I am a little afraid if I express something incorrectly, it will reflect back on the instruction. So forgive me if that didn't answer your question. As I think about it and formulate it more, hopefully I can expound on it better.

Thanks!

Bill

GREAT training AAR. No worries, you really drove home the point you intended. Very impressive. I have a young (20) shooter I'd love to get this treatment.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Bill, thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure.
    Looking forward to reading your AAR of your first AFHF.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Im gonna go out on a limb and say ive been on the end of more 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with Jack than most others.

Ive said this before, will say it again. Jack is an amazing instructor who listens then portrays the information in a specific way to ensure the student understands whats up. His ability to adapt to any student and get the information across is only one of the many traits that make him top in my book.

PJ
    "When the hour of crisis comes, remember that 40 selected men can shake the world." -- Yasotay

User Tag List