Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDC carry options for TQ and FAK

EDC carry options for TQ and FAK

How are you guys carrying your TQ and FAK in a CCW/EDC context? I obsess over concealing the pistol and mag, but it won't be worth a damn, if all the other crap hanging off my belt attracts attention.

I spend nearly every day in blue jeans and a polo/button up. I don't dress sloppily or wear oversized clothes, so adapting that tactic to enhance concealment will certainly draw attention from co-workers. I'm currently using the CAT7, but will change TQ if it means added concealment (meaning I might actually carry it).

Pics would be awesome too, Thanks!

I use a Ryker Nylon Gear Ankle First Aid Kit (AFAK). I heard about it on this site and it seems to be the best way to carry enough quality medical gear without having to modify how you dress. The only thing it depends on is that your pants are not too snug around the ankles. I have worn it many long hours including hikes without it becoming uncomfortable.
    Last edited by John91; 05-17-2019 at 02:18 PM.

I bought Ryker AFAK's for all the guys in our narc unit. Everyone likes them, and everyone wears them. They also conceal easily (I wear boot cut jeans).

Most of us wear a BUG on the other ankle (j-frame or G43), which seems to help with the balance.

I've been using the Ryker on and off duty since they came out. It's been stable during foot pursuits and comfortable for all day wear under jeans.

thanks, guys. I'll check them out. Anyone have belt mounted solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    thanks, guys. I'll check them out. Anyone have belt mounted solutions?
    The quick, expedient solution is two rubber bands.

Phlster flatpack, or some Velcro straps work well too. My office issues us the Blue Force Gear Tourniquet Now, but I don't like it for use on the belt (which is what most here do with it).

I've been wearing the Rescue Essentials ankle rig since early 2016 and like it. When it wears out (no time soon by the looks of it), I'll buy a Ryker since it's the product of a forum member.

Pre-gen 4 SOFT-TW tourniquets will conceal better than CATs.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-17-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I tried a Phlster Flatpack quite awhile ago. It was okay. It bent into kind of a U shape with daily use, but PHLSTER did replace it without any fuss. The Flatpack kept getting in the way of my left pocket and interfered with pulling anything out of it. I had the same issue with the right pocket.

I went to a Ryker AFAK and haven’t looked back. I wear this thing everyday, on duty or off. I have had one issue with the elastic boot extender. The first one wore out and wouldn’t stretch any longer. I figured that was normal wear so I contacted Ryker about buying another. Instead, they mailed me a replacement free of charge. Great customer service!

Posted this on another thread:
    If I'm CCWing bare minimum:
    Tac Med Solutions Ankle Holster on one ankle with CAT. NAR ankle med kit on right with hemostatic gauze, gloves, pressure bandage with tq pouch removed on the other. Probably the lowest profile setup I've managed to figure out.

Supplemented by an IFAK on a backpack and trauma kit it in the car.

No association or experience with it, but The Wilderness now also makes and ankle IFAK rig.

I’ve used the Philster fkatpak, but generally end up stuffing a flat folded SOFTW in a pocket of my cargo pants. Some of the technology pockets are just about the right length.

I don't understand why no one seems to make one with a calf strap, preferably adjustable height, let alone on a high quality pouch that's breathable with comfy fabric & seams & with good elastic compression to keep a smooth profile. I can't stand relying on my shoe or ankle bone to prop up a pouch.

User Tag List