Thread: Glock Firing Pin Channel Liner

Glock Firing Pin Channel Liner

Hi,

I detail stripped my gen 3 19 a few nights ago and noticed the channel liner slid out when I removed the firing pin assembly. I replaced the liner with a new one and noticed that liner also slid out when the firing pin assembly was removed. After going through four new channel liners, I'm not sure what to do. All of the liners in my other Glocks are a very tight fit, each requiring the Brownells tool to be threaded to remove them. This 19 however, the liner will slide out when shaken.

Any ideas?

Some things to check:

1) Insure the slide channel is clean and dry. Brass shavings and primer residue can cause issues. Use isopropyl alcohol so there is no lube in the channel.
    2) Insure the tapered end of the channel liner is facing the muzzle when the liner is installed.
    Last edited by farscott; 05-17-2019 at 01:33 PM.

I have owned a couple of Glocks over the years where they were loose. I found it to be no big deal so long as it is in its place when you close it all up,and it is smooth on the inside where the striker, spring cups, spring all ride. As noted, with the tapered end in first.
    Last edited by fatdog; 05-17-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Paging Dr Little, Dr @Matt Little ...

I noticed that same issue on several new Glocks this year and the firing pin assembly was coated in oil.

I hit the channel with some isopropyl last night prior to making this post and the liner still slides around. Maybe my slide is out of spec? This has never happened before though so I'm not sure. The slide only has about 10k on it if that.

Does the pistol function reliably? If so, I'd say "f' it" and get back to shooting. If NOT, then I'd ask GLOCK to take a look at your slide as possibly having an out-of-spec channel...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Does the pistol function reliably? If so, I'd say "f' it" and get back to shooting. If NOT, then I'd ask GLOCK to take a look at your slide as possibly having an out-of-spec channel...
    The ones I saw with the loose channel liner functioned fine.

Thanks guys, I'm sure the gun functions fine. It's more of a peace of mind thing haha.

I've never heard of replacing the liner before now.
    #RESIST

User Tag List