Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt WC 9mm LW Commander

Vending Machine Operator
    A lightweight 9mm commander is pretty high on my list right now, and Colt does a good job. Nice grab.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    My 9mm commander is the first checkered 1911 I've had, and the checking is very nice (though I can only contrast it to my Glock and a CZ P10C).

I want to drop in an arched mainspring housing (works better for my hand) but because of the checkering job on the flat MSH, I'm hesitant.
    I have a Wiley Clapp Commander and swapped out the MSH for a Hogue checkered aluminum one. It fits perfectly like it was made for the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Congrats on the new pistol. Pete Single does nice checkering on the WC Colts. I think the mag well has a slight bevel on those as well.
    Pete Single is one AWESOME Gunsmith and his checkering is top shelf. You will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by Street Survival; 05-19-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Name:  20190602_193434.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  53.5 KB

And I've got it! I've only had a chance to put 100 rounds through it (and was in a bit of a rush doing it).

So far, I like this gun. Really like it. I'll be shooting it again at a match Tuesday, and will write more.
    It seems fairly easy to hit what I'm aiming at, and is really pleasant and fun to shoot so far.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Nice.

Okay, today was our local range's homebrewed & causal kind of match, so it doesn't really fit under any particular governing body.

Course of fire was one target at 15 yards, and 4 more at 7. 3 mags with 5 rounds each, 3 rounds into each target, with one head shot.

Anyway...
    -The good: this gun is stupid easy to get hits with. Headshots at 15 yards was nothing hard at all.
    -The bad: I suck when it comes to speed, and tended to miss when trying to shoot doubletaps into the target body.
    -The ugly: Had two failures where the empty case dropped back into the ejection port with the rim to the front. Tried a single shot with the mag out, and the empty popped right onto my left arm.
    I'm going to take the slide off and try a round under the rim, with photos to follow shortly. Be right back...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Okay, took the slide off, and it kind of holds a loaded HST, but rotation causes it to fall out pretty easy.
    Extractor tension maybe?

I’d jack with it first. What mags?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’d jack with it first. What mags?
    Mix of Colt, Metalform, and some mags I grabbed from the shop we don't know who made. First time was with the Colt mags, second with the others.
    Ammo was Speer Lawman 147.

I gave the extractor a touch more tension- a loose round isn't flopping around in there. Next range trip is on Friday.

And holy cats this slide is super easy to detail strip!

User Tag List