Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt WC 9mm LW Commander

New Colt WC 9mm LW Commander

Two weeks until I get to shoot this lovely 1911:

Name:  Colt 1911.jpg
Views: 1665
Size:  38.8 KB

Range report, impressions, and (hopefully no) problems to be reported once I do.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I think you'll like it.

I got one, and while I can't shoot it as well as my Glock, it runs as well as the Glock.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Really like the look of those - want to pick one up and then save the multiple pennies to send it to Heirloom Precision for some massaging.

Enjoy it and report back when you have a few thousand rounds through it.

Site Supporter
    Congrats on the new pistol. Pete Single does nice checkering on the WC Colts. I think the mag well has a slight bevel on those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Congrats on the new pistol. Pete Single does nice checkering on the WC Colts. I think the mag well has a slight bevel on those as well.
    My 9mm commander is the first checkered 1911 I've had, and the checking is very nice (though I can only contrast it to my Glock and a CZ P10C).

I want to drop in an arched mainspring housing (works better for my hand) but because of the checkering job on the flat MSH, I'm hesitant.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

The checkering is very nice on these. Also to remember, the butt of the gun is rounded and the MSH blended. Changing the MSH will likely result in a mismatched butt.

Good thing you got a 9mm in the LW frame. The .45ACP frames tend to crack after prolonged shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The checkering is very nice on these. Also to remember, the butt of the gun is rounded and the MSH blended. Changing the MSH will likely result in a mismatched butt.
    Mr. Single checkers and blends the main spring housings on the Government model guns, but the Lightweight Commanders have standard checkered housings. So it shouldn't be a problem to install an arched housing on that gun.

Great Pistol! I bought one a year ago, and it’s been great. I changed the grips to nicely figured walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Mr. Single checkers and blends the main spring housings on the Government model guns, but the Lightweight Commanders have standard checkered housings. So it shouldn't be a problem to install an arched housing on that gun.
    My LW cco has a nicely blended and rounded MSH, so I assumed the LW commander would have it too

User Tag List