Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger-Less Glock Field Stripping

I hope they get as burned at the stake as I did when I posted a video of just removing the striker so you didn't have to press the trigger to take a Glock apart...... you thought suggesting high ready and AIWB was something.......
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

It’s a bigger problem than I thought, then.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Years ago I read a large PDF collection of AD/ND reports from a large federal agency that used Glocks. The majority of the incidents involved people disassembling the gun to clean it -- quite often after being interrupted in the process.
    Yep.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Glock or no -

Why does anybody not dry cycle an "empty" firearm 2-3 times upon picking it up, each time, even if they were the last one to put it down "empty"? I don't have to buy parts to do that plus it's 100% reliable, semiauto, bolt, I don't care. Trust but verify.
    I agree. But to guys like you and I and I'd assume the majority of members here (what most consider "gun guys") it's pretty ingrained. I've seen enough unsafe handling to put 1:1 odds on the average joe doing basic self preservation checks.

Seems somewhat like a Rube Goldberg solution.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Glock or no -

Why does anybody not dry cycle an "empty" firearm 2-3 times upon picking it up, each time, even if they were the last one to put it down "empty"? I don't have to buy parts to do that plus it's 100% reliable, semiauto, bolt, I don't care. Trust but verify.

In my opinion people that need mechanical "solutions" to this "problem" shouldn't be using firearms without 1 on 1 supervision. (My opinion isn't different for LE/mil either)
    Gun people versus non gun people. I’ve shot USPSA since the early 90s, so gun clear / hammer down is pretty ingrained in me, long before I owned my first Glock.

I think it requires more than just training, but a passion, or at least an interest. Think about taking a mandatory training class that you have no interest in. 15 minutes after passing the exam, how much do you remember about the class?

Banned
    What I find interesting is that the sear release lever or whatever Smith & Wesson calls it was supposed to alleviate this issue but I know a bunch of people who disassemble a M&P just the same way they do a Glock

Whenever I see people freakout over pulling the trigger to disassemble, I figure they don't dry fire.

Distraction as a component of NDs I get. Many of us have "No live ammo" rules we've imposed on ourselves in our cleaning/workbench areas.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Regarding the slide cover plate on the Mossberg G43 clone, it is made of metal (I believe, I handled one for a bit at SHOT this year) and is retained the same way the Glock slide cover plate is retained -- via the channel spacer sleeve into a recess on the inner surface of the slide cover plate. The Mossberg pistol is interesting, (to me) in that it lacks a slide lock (not to be confused with the slide stop) and the slide cover plate performs that function by the lower edge of it contacting the rear of the frame/trigger mechanism housing when the slide returns to battery.
    Thank you. I was wondering how that was accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    What I find interesting is that the sear release lever or whatever Smith & Wesson calls it was supposed to alleviate this issue but I know a bunch of people who disassemble a M&P just the same way they do a Glock
    While the M&P can be taken apart by pulling the trigger, that is not the factory approved method. When I took an armorer course some years ago the instructor specifically avoided talking about the trigger pull method for disassembling.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List