Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I went on that f3 tactical and saw the tlr 7A I got all excited like I scored but it was unavailable. I like that they have two different toggle options!
    They showed in stock this afternoon.

What are the toggle options mentioned? I'm not seeing any as it's showing out of stock.

@vandal - There's "low" and "high" switch variants. There's an image of both in the SSD link in post #66.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'm digging those two new switch options, but I continue to be baffled by Streamlight putting those sliver rings and big silver branding on these lights. I'll have to hit them with a paint pen when I get one.
    I kinda like it and think it looks sharp. I am also almost certainly never going to be in a position where this will prove to be a tactical disadvantage. Not nearly cool enough.

Streamlight now has an official product page for the TLR-7A up on their website. Hopefully this means they'll be shipping soon!

https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...l/index/tlr-7a

Can’t wait...

I started carrying my Glock 30S with TLR-7. Being winter, I switched to OWB; started with my 642-1. I have a White Hat setup where I can go either IWB or OWB by changing the leather backing. The OWB hits the button, turning the light on. Put it away tonight... switching back to my J-frame.

I want to try the new switches.

These appear to be shipping now. I've seen them in stock at LA Police Gear, Midway USA, and a few other online retailers as of this afternoon. Price is similar to the original TLR-7.

If anyone gets the chance of trying one of the new lights on a PX4, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how well it fits the gun. The POS Inforce light I have required whittling on the paddles a bit in order to get the light to work, looking at the pictures I doubt that is a fall back option with a TLR-7A...

(High switches would be optimal for me.)

Ordered one from LAPoliceGear... high switch version.

In regards to trying on a PX4, mine is still in NJ. Haven’t got the entire safe up to ME yet. I don’t see myself heading down there in the near future, but if I do, I’ll make sure to try it out (all my keys are down there, including the custom ones). This is all judging it fits in my Glock 30S/TLR-7 holster, and can carry it down there. If not, my 642-1 will make the trip... and I’ll try to remember the light.

I'm trying to figure out which model has the easiest reach for SHO activation. My SMedium hands make it a challenge to activate the standard TLR-7 switch with my trigger finger.

What do y'all think? Here's a comparison:

Name:  TLR7s.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  32.4 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-07-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List