Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just received my TLR-8ag from Optics Planet. The High switch is excellent, and is easy for trigger finger activation.

Only one thing missing from this set-up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Only one thing missing from this set-up.
    I’m guessing that would be a RDS ?

I’m not there yet...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Hammertime
    I put 200 rounds through the P-07 with TLR-8GA/High switch today, and am very impressed. The green laser is daylight visible to 50 yds, and it was quite easy to hit a 10" plate at that distance. It's almost too bright in the dark. Activation is the best I've used. It's very ergonomic to activate momentary with the support side thumb, but also easy to tap to constant on with the trigger finger.
    I am considering one of these. Can you clarify why you went with the Laser version as opposed to the TLR 7 non laser model? I have no pets plan experience using lasers for aiming and some red dot experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am considering one of these. Can you clarify why you went with the Laser version as opposed to the TLR 7 non laser model? I have no pets plan experience using lasers for aiming and some red dot experience.
    Hahah--pets.

Extra cost aside, the size is virtually the same. I'm convinced that a laser can be a significant advantage in low light shooting--especially in dynamic and awkward positions.

Hahah--pets.

Extra cost aside, the size is virtually the same. I'm convinced that a laser can be a significant advantage in low light shooting--especially in dynamic and awkward positions.
    As I told him, a laser in an easy switch at night. A green laser provides more non night utility than red.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Hahah--pets.

No idea what I was trying to say there before auto correct took hold. But I have zero laser experience.

Thanks. And yes, yes, thanks to you too @GJM.

$220 at Primary Arms seems best deal I can find currently.

Finally got the TLR7a and mounted it on a Glock 45. Slips in and out of a Safariland 6360 for a G17 very easy. The e-clip is a PITA...or maybe it was just my impatience. The bezel is flush with the muzzle as you can see in the pics. 500 Lumens and 5,000 candela for a single CR123 and a run time of 1.5 hours seems fairly nice. We will see how that shakes out. I have a AIWB JM Custom holster on the way.

Name:  19ED85FB-3ACA-4D38-8EAB-96A677237B11.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  30.0 KB

Site Supporter
    I just received my TLR-8ag from Optics Planet. The High switch is excellent, and is easy for trigger finger activation.

How is the TLR-8ag working or you? Did you get your holster?
    --Jason--

Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    How is the TLR-8ag working or you? Did you get your holster?
    Yes, I’ve used them quite a bit. This is the first setup that makes it worthwhile to carry a WML. The light bearing AIWB 2.5 is slightly larger, and the whole rig is slightly heavier than a standard setup. So I still use my other gun without the light a lot. But for backcountry or urban night use, this setup is fantastic. And, JMCK is a cut above any other brand I’ve seen.

I was just on an elk scouting trip, and our campsite had some wolf and bear scat nearby. I was glad to have the light/laser when I got out of the tent for a 2am piss.

Site Supporter
    Yes, I’ve used them quite a bit. This is the first setup that makes it worthwhile to carry a WML. The light bearing AIWB 2.5 is slightly larger, and the whole rig is slightly heavier than a standard setup. So I still use my other gun without the light a lot. But for backcountry or urban night use, this setup is fantastic. And, JMCK is a cut above any other brand I’ve seen.

I was just on an elk scouting trip, and our campsite had some wolf and bear scat nearby. I was glad to have the light/laser when I got out of the tent for a 2am piss.
    Thank you for the update. I have two JMCK holsters for G19's. One for a TLR-7, another for an Olight PL-mini. I like the switches on the PL-Mini better than the TLR-7 so I figure the TLR-7a would be better. But I figure I may as well upgrade to the TLR-8ag instead of the TLR-7a. I just don't see a lot of holsters for the TLR-8 but good to know Tony can make one.
    --Jason--

User Tag List