Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I have my ideas as to why/when a WML is necessary, and how best they can be used, but I’m also very interested in situations that I may not have considered. What situations do you all (several posts have indicated the desire for this) envision for the necessity of single-hand operation of the WML?

Thanks for your time!
    Night walks with the dogs in Predator country is a big one.

House at night time, I prefer to be able to have a free hand if necessary.

Training with a injured arm makes life interesting if you can not activate your light with your one good arm.

These are just a few I have personally encountered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I have my ideas as to why/when a WML is necessary, and how best they can be used, but I’m also very interested in situations that I may not have considered. What situations do you all (several posts have indicated the desire for this) envision for the necessity of single-hand operation of the WML?
    That's a great question, and a topic worthy of discussion.

As a civilian, I don't usually have a WML on my CCW. I've settled on a handheld light (Malkoff BG2) and consistent practice with SHO shooting skills. After dark, my go-to tool is my handheld light, carried support side. In the past, I tried carrying a WML but found them either too dim or too bulky. The new slimline WML/lasers like the TLR-8 are making me consider adding one to my CCW again.

At home and in the backcountry, I prefer having a WML on my handguns and my long guns.

Here are some scenarios where SHO activation (or inactivation) would be needed because my support hand is engaged:
    -moving a VIP (wife, kid, etc) out of danger
    -manipulating something, holding door open, etc.
    -restraining an animal
    -fighting
    -injury

I'd welcome your and others' opinions.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-15-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    What duty holster are you using, and is it TLR7/nightstick specific? The thing I’ve always hated about the TLR1/x300 lights is the width creates a gap around the trigger guard when holstered. If possible, a picture or two of the holstered rig would be greatly appreciated.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  39.5 KB

Views: 797
Size:  53.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I actually like the original switches just fine for 2 handed shooting. I went with the new one for the ability to activate the light one handed, I can't quite reach the original switch with my trigger finger.
    I played with my buddies original tlr7 and found the exact same thing. I liked it for 2 handed shooting but couldn't reach it at all with just the trigger finger for one handed activation. The new one looks much more doable one handed.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
Views: 783
Size:  39.5 KB

Views: 797
Size:  53.3 KB
    Thank you, that looks much less susceptible to foreign objects entering the trigger guard that the TLR1/x300 rigs.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

TLR8 green with flex switching out there:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851107881
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anybody seen any of the high switch TLR-7 models in stock anywhere? By the time I got off the fence and decided to buy one LAPoliceGear was out.

I keep reading that they are due to hit shelves in January. There are some other forums I lurk on and they are showing up here and there.

So far, I am loving mine and my squad is as well. It's not as bright as my TLR1 HL was but I'll live with it. I did order an IWB rig for it so I'll start carrying it off duty here in the new year. That will be something new for me as I haven't carried a light bearing holster so time will tell if I stick with that. It'll also be easier to transfer the duty pistol straight to off duty carry without having to remove the TLR 7a. That's the main reason I purchased a holster that accepts it.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Anybody seen any of the high switch TLR-7 models in stock anywhere? By the time I got off the fence and decided to buy one LAPoliceGear was out.
    https://www.gtdist.com

I’ll be getting a TLR-8ga high switch when JMCK AIWB 2.5 and OWB holsters are available for that on a P-07. Tony said it would happen but couldn’t promise a date.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List