Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Got the TLR7A today. Fits the vedder lighttuck made for a 19 with regular TLR7 just fine so that is a plus.

Much easier to turn on, I don’t have to change my grip to activate it with trigger finger or support thumb. The switch has an audible click unlike the older model. Seems like a winner.
    Mine is suppose to arrive on Friday the 13th, not sure that is a good sign or not. Glad that I'm not superstitious.

Here’s some pics I got earlier. This is the high switch. Seeing it on the 19 I could have gone either way without an issue. If you can touch the inside front of the trigger guard you can hit the switch easily.

I also tried swapping the switches between the two models and it’s a no go, I’ll take a pic and show why tomorrow.

Last edited by P226SAOFan; 12-11-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Seems like the could have modified the regular tlr7 switch housing and made a larger paddle that extended back, similar to the Inforce APL.

TLR-7:

TLR-7A:

Last edited by P226SAOFan; 12-12-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Don’t really see it being able to be modified. The back half really isn’t something that could be taken apart.

Got mine yesterday... and after messing around with it for a little bit, unloaded the J-frame and got a few magazines filled with Gold Dots.

Fit perfectly in my White Hat Holster. Control is A LOT better than the original, and has a positive click when engaging. Drawing/reholstering... light did not turn on. Got the high switch, which I easily can engage with either hand. Constant/momentary still work like the original.

Anyone know if the TLR-8 GA is available yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone know if the TLR-8 GA is available yet?
    I’m interested in that as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which model has the easiest reach for SHO activation. My SMedium hands make it a challenge to activate the standard TLR-7 switch with my trigger finger.

What do y'all think? Here's a comparison:

Attachment 45636
    Knowing you, and me kind of being in the same boat, and actually owning the light in the bottom of your picture, I have a strong want for the light in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Knowing you, and me kind of being in the same boat, and actually owning the light in the bottom of your picture, I have a strong want for the light in the middle.
    That’s what I’ve decided as well, but I’m thinking of getting the TLR8g.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    High switch version arrived today. I like the new switch. Can confirm it fits JM and Tenicor holsters just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    High switch version arrived today. I like the new switch. Can confirm it fits JM and Tenicor holsters just fine.
    That news makes my day! Thanks!

User Tag List