Thread: DeSantis kydex IWB holsters?

DeSantis kydex IWB holsters?

I’ve come into a couple of these NIP, one for a Shield and one for a 1911. My question is, are they any good or are they unadulterated poo unsuitable for EDC? Carry position will be around 4-4:30.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"I don't want a free holster" I say. "I insist" said the gun store owner.

It goes like that every time I get a gun from there, whether it is a transfer or out right purchase. That is how I ended up with one of these SLIM-TUK (desantisholster.com) for my LCR.

The holster body is decent. Its is molded well and has no sharp edges. It retains the LCR better than expected. The clip is junk for anything other than sweatpants carry. Not only is it flimsy, I could not get it to hook on any of my belts and it would not stay in place. AIWB is the best position for this particular one. That said, this is the best free holster I have ever got from there. It makes a great sweatpants holster and it finds its way into coat pockets and my Hill People Kit bag too. I think you could change out the clip and have something that hovers just above ok to bordering on good.

Thanks! I'd forgotten the model and didn't have them in hand when I posted but they are both Slim-Tuks.

I had the opposite experience with the clips. I couldn't slip it over my belt, I had to run it through the loop to take it on or off. Not a problem for weekend chores but a no-go on a workday because I can't wear it in the building. It comes off when I get out of the truck, back on when I leave the building and our parking lot isn't exactly the place I want to do the "belt partially off and threading the loop" dance. I also had a hard time getting the angle set where it was comfortable. Actually, I don't think I ever did get it right.

This was all on the Shield holster, I haven't tried the 1911 one yet.

What clip do you think would be a solid upgrade?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'd use a free one, but their ability to figure out what the more agile (read small, under 10 employee companies) can do and copy it isn't that great. The weird accents formed in near the sight channel will likely pose long term durability problems, and the orientation of the texture/grain of the material in the pics will shorten the lifespan for sure.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List