Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Received a T&E sample at Dept. that has the “high” switch late in the week. I put it on a Gen5 19. No shooting, but in handling it mounted on the GLOCK, I think Streamlight really got it right with this switch. Good activation with support hand thumb or index finger. No fitment/activation issues with Perun holster. I had experienced some mild frustration with the older push switch. It’s workable, but ya gotta work at it! The new switch turns the TLR7 into what will probably become my “go to” light for off duty/concealment.
    I’ll shoot it next week and report further.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Received a T&E sample at Dept. that has the “high” switch late in the week. I put it on a Gen5 19. No shooting, but in handling it mounted on the GLOCK, I think Streamlight really got it right with this switch. Good activation with support hand thumb or index finger. No fitment/activation issues with Perun holster. I had experienced some mild frustration with the older push switch. It’s workable, but ya gotta work at it! The new switch turns the TLR7 into what will probably become my “go to” light for off duty/concealment.
    I’ll shoot it next week and report further.
    Are you testing the high switch or low switch? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Are you testing the high switch or low switch? Thanks!
    High switch, sir.

Ordered from LA Police Gear. Might have paid a couple of pennies more for an early adapter penalty, but my new Sagax Lux holster is begging for one of these. I own a couple of X300Us a TLR1 HL and finally a compact light.

Thanks for this post because I almost ordered a Nightstick 550 XL, just kept dragging my feet. Really wanted a Surefire XR-1 that was shown at last year's SHOT, but still hasn't been released. I needed a compact light NOW.

Thanks again.

Site Supporter
    Just ordered one as well. I've been using the original for the past year, I think the new switching will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    High switch, sir.
    Cool. That's the one I would have gone for of the 3. I was originally hoping the switch would go up even higher to the top of the body but I'm glad to hear it works for you!

LA Police Gear Out of Stock today. That's didn't last long did it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Well they were about $30 cheaper than everywhere else I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    They had 15 in stock when I ordered...

Had the opportunity to shoot briefly on the dept. indoor range today at lunchtime. I can control lighting, and left the range dark, except for lights at the 25 yard line. Moved down range for the drills. I would describe ambient light as “moonlit” or urban low light. G19 w/ACRO and TLR7A mounted-the high switch.
    I shot the 5 yard roundup, the CCW check and the Wizard drill, activating the light on the presentation. A 91 on the roundup, one shot OT slightly on single handed shooting. The CCW check was clean, ample time most strings(this with light activation each string). Wizard was clean, one OT shot at 10 yards, but that is a weakness with me I sometimes see.
    I had about ten minutes total time dry firing the switch over the weekend. With a little more familiarization, I can see no OT shots. The high switch for me is the one to keep. It’s highly doubtful I could have accomplished the above with the old style switch-too small and hard to activate. I would opine the switch is at least as good as on the two cell Streamlight and Surefires. Perhaps better, in that both sides work the same: down and hold for momentary, down and release for constant on. Holster was a Perun, no issues noted. Since there are holsters like Perun and Tenicor, and a new one rumored for Safariland, no reason not to have one of these mounted.

User Tag List