Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @Up1911Fan:
    Copy, will check with holster rep and get back to you.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    You mean something other than the RDS holsters? I would like an ALS sized for a G19/TLR7. Currently they only seem to have G34 length WML holsters.
    I've got a 19/TLR7 ALS holster. Let !e check the model number and I'll post it tomorrow.

Here’s a follow on question:
    How many here have a dry fire regimen which includes wml activation?
    I wouldn't perhaps go so far as to call it a dry fire regimen, since that implies a bit more regimented approach to practice than what I can manage, but... Howdy.

As for your previous inquiry, while I'm hardly part of the "hive mind" this is what I do: with the shitty Inforce I have currently on my full size PX4, I've discovered the most reliable one handed method to be to brace the butt of my pistol against my torso and tap the on button with my middle finger. Kind of an unorthodox and perhaps suboptimal method for sure, but in my dry fire practice it's been more fumble proof than trying to reach all the way to the front of the trigger guard with my trigger finger.
    Last edited by That Guy; 12-09-2019 at 11:23 PM.

@Up1911Fan:
    The holster model # is 7378 I believe. There is a “holster finder”on Safariland website where one can plug in gun/light combos and get holster availability.
    On the 7A switching, I am more convinced they the high switch is for me. I’ve dryfired it a bit and will try a cold drill in the AM.
    As to the light durability, etc.: I’ve run the earlier switch 600+ rounds over a multi day class, and it was functional at the end. Carried occasionally, no torture testing. It always comes on when I work the switch...

Site Supporter
    @Up1911Fan:
    The holster model # is 7378 I believe. There is a “holster finder”on Safariland website where one can plug in gun/light combos and get holster availability.
    On the 7A switching, I am more convinced they the high switch is for me. I’ve dryfired it a bit and will try a cold drill in the AM.
    As to the light durability, etc.: I’ve run the earlier switch 600+ rounds over a multi day class, and it was functional at the end. Carried occasionally, no torture testing. It always comes on when I work the switch...
    The TLR7 will fit in any of the LC holsters. My problem is all those holsters are designed for full sized lights, making them essentially G34 length holsters. I'm hoping for an ALS thats no longer than a 19.

That holster works with a single battery light, not two batteries side by side.

Meant to add-17 length. I believe they make a 19 length, so contact them direct

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    The TLR7 will fit in any of the LC holsters. My problem is all those holsters are designed for full sized lights, making them essentially G34 length holsters. I'm hoping for an ALS thats no longer than a 19.
    Here is my 19 length TLR7 ALS holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Got the TLR7A today. Fits the vedder lighttuck made for a 19 with regular TLR7 just fine so that is a plus.

Much easier to turn on, I don’t have to change my grip to activate it with trigger finger or support thumb. The switch has an audible click unlike the older model. Seems like a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Got the TLR7A today. Fits the vedder lighttuck made for a 19 with regular TLR7 just fine so that is a plus.

Much easier to turn on, I don’t have to change my grip to activate it with trigger finger or support thumb. The switch has an audible click unlike the older model. Seems like a winner.
    Which switch did you go with? Could you do some pics of your grip with it?

JW

User Tag List