Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cougar Thread!

Cougar Thread!

Truth. One prof I know fell off a small cliff trying to take a piss at night in the Mojave. Another guy took a crap on a rattlesnake, and yet another researcher had his pants down in a box canyon in the Chiricahuas and heard a cougar snarl very near by.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Man, if you gotta drop trou' in the desert, I suggest you do it with your back against a very high wall.

The two highest pucker factors I've ever had in my life were taking shits in the desert. That time I nearly fell off a cliff taking a shit was one of them. The other was the time I slipped into a slot canyon for some privacy, found a spot, got to work and looked up and realized there were fresh lion tracks going into the canyon, but none coming back out. That one caused me to lock up briefly and move ever so slowly to get the J-Frame I had stashed in my backpack out.

FWIW, I learned that trip why people like lanyard loops on their revolvers. It's a whole lot easier to loop the gun around your neck and still have it handy, while you remove yourself from a compromising position, than to try to wipe or hitch up holding a gun in your hand.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-16-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I figure it's a functional requirement for them to be domestic that they not be very big.
    The 21-pounder we have in the house, appears to disagree with you. He's a big sweetheart to us in the house.

At the vet's office though? Three of the four vets who work for our local practice are scared of him and he has drawn blood from 8 vet techs. The one vet who isn't afraid of him finds him entertaining, "The hate and rage keeps them alive and healthy."

Most accurate description of what house cats are: miniature predators filled with hate and rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Truth. One prof I know fell off a small cliff trying to take a piss at night in the Mojave. Another guy took a crap on a rattlesnake, and yet another researcher had his pants down in a box canyon in the Chiricahuas and heard a cougar snarl very near by.
    Proving there are things worth pooping yourself.

My 20 pounder put me in the hospital after I'd done something dumb. Multiply him by 5 or 6 and I have no chance if he's in the mood to wreck my day; none. Your instincts to draw quickly and effectively are fantastic supporting evidence of the value for practice.

6.8 vs 160lb

Name:  C3E3FED8-7A95-4429-8708-4D888D43CCE3.jpeg
Views: 634
Size:  43.2 KB

Cougar Thread!

Gabe White training FTW! @Mr_White

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Your instincts to draw quickly and effectively are fantastic supporting evidence of the value for practice.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-16-2019 at 06:23 PM.

A few years back, I saw a cat in full fury attack mode.
    The house I was looking after had two cats with new litters nesting under a porch- and both were rather sweet and friendly, and were more than happy to have me play with the kittens.
    Then, my sister brought her dog along, and he stuck his head under the porch... momma cat did not like that one little bit, and went full on raptor attack on the pooch. Cut him up pretty good.

And that was just a standard sized, 10 pound normal cat.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That time I nearly fell off a cliff taking a shit was one of them.
    Little did you know, there was some idiot out there with a camera.

Name:  moonrise-over-cliff.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  71.8 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I forget if I’ve told this one before... Our neighbor has a cat who is randomly aggressive. A few months ago the dude was on his couch and the cat attacked—claw hugged his head and bit him in the eye. Late that night he woke up feverishly delirious with his eye swollen shut. For some reason that made sense to him at the time, he quietly snuck out of the house without waking his wife and drove to the ER. The docs immediately took him to the ICU because he was in danger of losing the eye.

Wife wakes up the next morning and can’t find her husband. It took her half the day to track him down, and man was she unhappy.

It all ended sort of ok. Dude made a full recovery and his wife appears to have forgiven him. Cat is still attacking people randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The house I was looking after had two cats with new litters nesting under a porch- and both were rather sweet and friendly, and were more than happy to have me play with the kittens.
    Then, my sister brought her dog along, and he stuck his head under the porch... momma cat did not like that one little bit, and went full on raptor attack on the pooch. Cut him up pretty good.

And that was just a standard sized, 10 pound normal cat.
    Our 21 poinder has the dog scared shitless. And has terrorized dogs at the vet office. Once I was in the waiting room with the cat in a carrier and a 120-pound or so Lab leaned over ever so slightly and the cat launched so hard against the wall of the carrier he almost knocked it off the chair. And the poor Lab, literally pissed on the floor skittering away.

If you can find a way to turn yourself into an extremely agile ball of razors during a fight, I’d recommend it. Cats seem to have that shit figured out.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Our 21 poinder has the dog scared shitless. And has terrorized dogs at the vet office. Once I was in the waiting room with the cat in a carrier and a 120-pound or so Lab leaned over ever so slightly and the cat launched so hard against the wall of the carrier he almost knocked it off the chair. And the poor Lab, literally pissed on the floor skittering away.

If you can find a way to turn yourself into an extremely agile ball of razors during a fight, I’d recommend it. Cats seem to have that shit figured out.
    Maine coon?

I'm a fan of Siberians as a not-quite-that-huge option with similar personality traits.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List