Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cougar Thread!

Cougar Thread!

Last year a big cat came into our backyard and our male dog went for it. The cat did the hissy/yowly cat thing but the dog called its bluff. Turns out housecats don’t bring very much to a dogfight. He picked the cat up mid body and thrashed it. I got there just before our second dog showed up and saved the cat. The dog had a deep puncture in his cheek. I didn’t get to check out the damage to the cat, but it was mobile at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Our 21 poinder has the dog scared shitless. And has terrorized dogs at the vet office. Once I was in the waiting room with the cat in a carrier and a 120-pound or so Lab leaned over ever so slightly and the cat launched so hard against the wall of the carrier he almost knocked it off the chair. And the poor Lab, literally pissed on the floor skittering away.

If you can find a way to turn yourself into an extremely agile ball of razors during a fight, I’d recommend it. Cats seem to have that shit figured out.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-16-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Working in a shop, I have seen an instance where a cat got run through the serpentine belt on a Ford 460. The owner said he fired up the engine and he saw a puff of hair blow out from under the hood and the battery light came on so he shut it off and called a tow truck. He later found the cat missing part of it's tail and missing skin off of a back leg, but very much functional. Touch, psychotic little bastards.

Who would win in a fight between a tiger and a bear?

It is not just a juvenile question fit for Deadliest Warrior (I wish they would bring that show back...) There is historical record of this in Siberia, where both tigers and bears live.

Spoiler alert

The tigers mostly win. They prey on the bears. Sometimes it doesn't work out for the tiger, but mostly it does.

Also, I like how the cougar has many names. Puma is my favorite, but I have to say I also like the term catamount.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Split out the "cougar" posts from the cougar posts, and moved this thread back to GD.
    Thanks Tom. I was so amped after the PUMA encounter that I forgot that Cougar means something different to most people.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

A couple of awesome cat attack pictures. Sucks to be these guys.

[img]leopard-attack by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]

[img]leopardattacks by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

This is Milo of the House Lanister, First of His Name, the Unappreciative, King of the Andals and the First Men, Khal of the Great Grass Back Yard, Breaker of Household Dishes, and Slayer of Dragons. Gaze upon him and cower in Terror.

He is an asshole, with an impressive kill count in terms of birds/lizards/mice/squirrel... and his attitude makes me realize how deadly a 600lb tiger could be. Back to the discussion at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Who would win in a fight between a tiger and a bear?

It is not just a juvenile question fit for Deadliest Warrior (I wish they would bring that show back...) There is historical record of this in Siberia, where both tigers and bears live.

Spoiler alert

The tigers mostly win. They prey on the bears. Sometimes it doesn't work out for the tiger, but mostly it does.

Also, I like how the cougar has many names. Puma is my favorite, but I have to say I also like the term catamount.
    Jaguars roam the mountains in southern AZ, not just mountain lions and black bears and illegals. Researchers from UofA track them, and one semi-recently documented a kill site where the jaguar took a mature male black bear of over 200# with one bite to the base of the skull, crushing and puncturing that spot.

Cats are no joke.

Admire the exit strategy.

Cougar pretty close to leopards.

A little anatomy.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/15715...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Around here people are not afraid of pumas (cougars), but they kill a lot of cattle in the Chaco region. They are rather shy to humans, very smart and stealthy when they are used to human contact, can live very close to settlements just like leopards in africa.

On the other hand, the yaguareté (jaguar) is a VERY feared animal. It attacks people like nobody's business!

Has anyone ever tried puma meat? (I'm using the latin american name for obvious reasons ) It is very tasty.

User Tag List