Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Cougar Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @RJ - I'm pretty sure that's already here in the thread somewhere, along with numerous comments on what a dumbass the guy is.
    Ja gotcha, sorry. I figured that might be the case after I posted it. That video was a bit unsettling, as much as I've wandered around National Parks etc.

I'm sure this has come up, but just thinking about it a bit more on my own here, my reaction would be along the lines of what I recall @GJM related was his strategy for bears, as in, put a round in the dirt (loud noise, maybe runs away), or if not, couple rounds center mass (he's not happy with that, and decides to call it quits at this point), or if the critter is Not Impressed with any of that, try and mag dump into the skull.

Again, I'm sure this was all rehashed up thread; I really should keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If anybody lives in Colorado reads this they might want to contact their representatives about not passing this recently introduced bill that would ban all hunting of Mt. Lions, bobcats and Lynxes. I found it when looking for current laws/penalties for killing mt. lions.

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb22-031
    Many of us do. They have a pretty unshakeable majority in the state congress and get somewhat of a rubber stamp from the Chief Executive. The only thing keeping them somewhat in check is the media shining a spotlight on things from time to time and the memory of a prior rally among the 2A crowd that resulted in some folks losing their rather comfy thrones.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Man was attacked in a hot tube a few days ago. Not seriously injured.

https://www.kktv.com/2023/03/21/moun...tting-hot-tub/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Deleted .........
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Name:  8059A2BA-4BEF-484C-811F-E84DAE0C51A8.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  74.4 KB

It’s the time of year when the cougar appears on the Superstitions.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Not cougars, but having tigers roaming around while trying to do storm clean up seems like it could be problematic. From this morning:

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1639966941514194944

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  42.1 KB

https://gazette.com/news/wildlife/mo...27e929706.html

According to the city, staff of Garden of the Gods report seeing a mountain lion hanging around the destination that attracts 4 million people each year last weekend. Images show the cat appearing to be relaxed as it observes its surroundings from the branches of a cottonwood tree.
    According to a report from the Colorado Sun, the mountain lion was spotted throughout the day on Saturday, just feet from nearby hiking trails and a popular bouldering area. A deer carcass, likely a snack for the big cat, was also found nearby.

Name:  Cougar-mom.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  63.1 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Weren't there cougars in Tryon Creek Park? We used hike there with the kid in a baby back pack. Biggest thing we ever ran into hiking in TX was a sounder (?) of wild hogs. Two big mommas and a slew of little ones. Did go looking (haha) for mountain lions in TX with 4 guys. Never again, it was not a professional adventure.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Cougar gets inside in Colorado.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List