Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Cougar Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Not sure about that part of NM, but we had PLENTY of bobcats in SE AZ, so I don't doubt there's border crossings going on... Unless it was a cub, you would KNOW if you're looking at a cougar - they're very much larger than your typical pootie-tat...
    This is certainly correct.

Never saw a mountain lion OR a bobcat there, but coincidentally, I hunted for elk on the Dawson Ranch in New Mexico near the area described several years ago. At the time I was employed by Phelps Dodge Mining Corporation and the Dawson Ranch was owned by them at that time. The ranch was sold shortly after I hunted there, so I was a member of the last party to get to hunt the ranch under the Phelps Dodge flag.

Beautiful place . . . . bordered by property owned by Ted Turner and traitor bitch Hanoi Jane.

Was fortunate enough to shoot a nice 6X6 bull on day 3 of the hunt. A LOOONG shot with a .30-06 (Three shots, two hits).

We don’t have them here, but if we did this is kinda what their footprints might look like.

Name:  03E51507-7D76-4A0C-8A6E-984052406F15.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  70.4 KB

Never seen a cougar in the wild but I've gotten way too close for comfort to some big damn bobcats. One at work recently took down a deer 50 yards from our fuel depot. One time I was coming out of the gym on post walking over to my pickup and saw a pretty large one maybe 30 yards away. We both watched each other with an air of "you go that way and I'll go this way and we both just leave each other alone". One night I was working the main gate and me and my partner watched one strut around outside, probably unaware of us since we were inside the guard shack. It got within about 15 yards at one point. The coyotes and badgers always run the other way so they don't worry me much but the bobcats usually strut around like they own the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Cougar attacks a child in a park in Leavenworth, WA (sort of in town, but also has lots of woods and near the Wenatchee river). Dogs stopped the attack (good boys/girls!), child was not seriously injured, and WDFW tracked down and killed the cougar.

“The cougar came out and did attack the child,” said WDFW Capt. Michael Jewell. “They had some dogs with them that they turned loose. The dogs intervened and were able to successfully chase the cougar away.”

WDFW officers searched the park again, eventually finding and killing the cougar at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-boys-dogs-dr/
    Last edited by idahojess; 06-02-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Cougar attacks a child in a park in Leavenworth, WA (sort of in town, but also has lots of woods and near the Wenatchee river). Dogs stopped the attack (good boys/girls!), child was not seriously injured, and WDFW tracked down and killed the cougar.

“The cougar came out and did attack the child,” said WDFW Capt. Michael Jewell. “They had some dogs with them that they turned loose. The dogs intervened and were able to successfully chase the cougar away.”

WDFW officers searched the park again, eventually finding and killing the cougar at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-boys-dogs-dr/
    You and I both know that part of the state—some pretty robust woodland out there. And, "good dog" indeed. Steak off the grill for those mutts that night.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    We don’t have them here, but if we did this is kinda what their footprints might look like.

Name:  03E51507-7D76-4A0C-8A6E-984052406F15.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  70.4 KB
    If you believe the DEP. Yet I have spoken to multiple people who claim to have seen a cougar including my wife. She swears it was a cougar not a big bobcat as the tail was as long as the body and this was in Avon. A guy I work with says he has seen one in Litchfield. I know a guy who claims to have pictures on his trail camera of a cougar in Cheshire.

In 2011 a mountain lion was hit and killed on the Merritt Parkway in Milford.

Nah, we do’t have them. The taxes are too high here.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    They’re in “Da Yoop” too. Saw the first one after nearly 30 years up here. Not more than a 1/4mi from our place. Near Crystal Falls. As my wife so eloquently put it...”Holy s#i§!! That was a f...ing cougar!”

Makes me wonder how many I “haven’t” seen over the years...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

They're all around the Spokane area. It was last year or the year before 2 were spotted near an elementary school a couple miles from where we live.

Wolves in the area are another problem that the tree huggers don't want to deal with because "studies" supposedly show they aren't a problem.

It's only a matter of time before a child dies. Even then, the Left seems to care more about animals than kids.

Cougar Thread!

One of my favorite local trails closed due to cougar:

https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/n...e-4409b569b884
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-06-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Relevant video

Also, these masks are a thing in India where being drug off by a big cat isn’t an incredibly rare occurance.

Attachment 38182

If pictures are worth it a thousand words, these videos are worth a million! Great stuff - thanks for the vids and link.

User Tag List