Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backpack holster?

Backpack holster?

I've got one of those "discreet" pistol carriers (bright red soft case marked "jumper cables" ) that I've used to get a pistol from the house to the truck. A couple of months ago I came into a good backpack from work and I've been using that to conceal the bright red soft case. This works well enough but it's two layers of zippers and openings to get through.

Is there a good carrying system that goes into a backpack? In my case that's just about the ONLY thing in the backpack so a little bulk isn't an issue as long as it securely retains the pistol. I might be going back to a striker fired pistol in the near future so trigger coverage is a big deal.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Why not carry on body??? It’s much preferable
    If you just won’t/ can’t carry on body check out VERTX...they have what you want

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Why not carry on body??? It’s much preferable
    If you just won’t/ can’t carry on body check out VERTX...they have what you want
    No CHL maybe?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I do carry where I can, this is for a larger backup/truck pistol. As an example, I usually carry a Shield because it's harder for me to comfortably conceal a larger pistol but the backpack pistol could be my 92 compact or even M9A1.

Thanks, I'll look at the VERTX stuff.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Not a concealment option per se, but when backpacking I've come to prefer either a tanker-style rig, or a tactical thigh rig, as neither are impeded by the backpack in terms of wear or access.

Otherwise, might want to check out some of The Wilderness' Safepacker options.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Something as simple as this or this... If your pack doesn't already have velcro, you can have it sewn in...

ETA: A dedicated pocket will help to prevent mishaps. Getting keys or earbud wires stuck in the trigger has caused ND's
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 05-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    An Advanced Holster "Snatch N' Grab" may work in your backpack.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    An Advanced Holster "Snatch N' Grab" may work in your backpack.
    I found those about an hour ago while searching and you're right, it may be the ticket. They're also out of stock. DOH! I may email and ask if they have an ETA for back in stock.

This may be a decent alternative until then: https://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical.../dp/B07LBFLPVS

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ETA: A dedicated pocket will help to prevent mishaps. Getting keys or earbud wires stuck in the trigger has caused ND's
    That's why something that will take a holster with full trigger coverage is my preference. Failing that, one of those kydex trigger guard covers would be an option IF there's a good way to secure it to the pack/holster and it's secure enough on the pistol to only come off when drawn. That's not my first choice at all but it is another option.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I found those about an hour ago while searching and you're right, it may be the ticket. They're also out of stock. DOH! I may email and ask if they have an ETA for back in stock.

This may be a decent alternative until then: https://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical.../dp/B07LBFLPVS
    Brent the owner of Advanced Holster is a great guy.
    --Jason--

User Tag List