Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Halle in John Wick/3

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    He’s also super nice and really funny. I met him at GenCon many years ago after he did one of the live action anime movie ports that were a low key trend for a few years. He’s really perfect for the offbeat villain or partner role and I’d love to see him get a bit more time in the future after this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was it for Crying Freeman? I really liked him and the storyline in that movie. I always thought it could be a truly kickass movie if it had a decent budget. IIRC he met his real life wife in that movie. Believe her name is/was Julie Condra. I've never seen her in anything else but I liked her too.

That's extremely cool you got to meet him. I'm glad to hear he's pretty cool IRL. He's on my short list of celebs I'd like to actually meet.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    OK. Here is a John Wick 3 related question. (I have not seen the movie yet.)

Will there be a 101 Dalmations effect? I heard that in the movie Halle has two highly trained Belgian Malinois and she spent serious time working with them over the course of a year.

What is the likelihood of the movie causing people to get a dog that is way too much dog for them. Then the poor dogs will be abandoned to shelters. Hopefully responsible breeders will prevent this from happening.
    That's always a concern of mine when a dog is featured prominently in a movie. I've wanted a Malinois for years, and there's a good chance our next dog will be one. But I hate the thought of it being REALLY easy to get one from a shelter if that makes sense (we always adopt). As it is, they're not too uncommon in shelters near us

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That's always a concern of mine when a dog is featured prominently in a movie. I've wanted a Malinois for years, and there's a good chance our next dog will be one. But I hate the thought of it being REALLY easy to get one from a shelter if that makes sense (we always adopt). As it is, they're not too uncommon in shelters near us
    The good news is that there has been a ton of messaging through the movie's social media and related channels about the level of work Halle did to get good with the dogs and how a maligator isn't a casual pet to have.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The good news is that there has been a ton of messaging through the movie's social media and related channels about the level of work Halle did to get good with the dogs and how a maligator isn't a casual pet to have.
    That's very good news, I hope it has an impact. Malinois need a lot of stimulation and exercise, hopefully not too many people think they can move one into their studio apartment and have a trained attack dog

Site Supporter
    Just got home from seeing JW3. It was definitely entertaining!

Halle training with the dogs

Cool

I'm going just for the dogs!!

The dog scenes were the best part. There had to be quite a bit of CGI involved, but the dogs were amazing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List