Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kramer Horsehide Leather OWB - Experiences/Thoughts?

I became experienced with Kramer holsters in the mid-1990s, and got to visit with Greg and his wife many times. I found their quality and customer service to be excellent. On my GP100 IWB holster, which is probably 20 years old, the sweat shield became a little too malleable with age, and they re-molded the entire holster for $40, totally restoring the stiffness (and nicely renewing the mahogany finish).

They're a bit spendier than kydex, but if you want a leather/horsehide holster (particularly nice for a blued gun, as it'll be a bit gentler on the finish), I recommend them. I've had multiple styles for multiple guns over the years, but I'm most partial to their #3 IWB.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    I haven’t ordered from Kramer in several years. Their horsehide belt has been my daily driver for the last decade and a literal gut check on my diet. I stopped ordering from them, because they had outstanding customer service. I found that out because they couldn’t make holsters right the first (or even the second) time.
    Definitely concerning and is why I started this thread, I don't doubt they have made great quality stuff for years... it's just at a certain point a maker can outgrow the number of swilled laborers it needs to fulfill demands. What pistol did you have problems with from them? What was the exact problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Definitely concerning and is why I started this thread, I don't doubt they have made great quality stuff for years... it's just at a certain point a maker can outgrow the number of swilled laborers it needs to fulfill demands. What pistol did you have problems with from them? What was the exact problem?
    P228 Thomas Perfectionist that was very loose. That design didn't work for me and they let me exchange that for a regular IWB, and that was too tight to fit a pistol in.
    P239 Vertical OWB that was loose.
    P226 Belt scabbard that was loose, The replacement was even looser. They got it right the third time.

They bent over backwards to make things right, so I can't complain about that. Thinking back my belt it probably 13 years old and the problems would have been 8-10 years ago. I have 6-7 Kramer holsters, half have been good the first time, after three duds I quit looking at them as an option.
    Last edited by txdpd; 05-15-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

The Kramer Belt Scabbards have been the most concealable OWB holsters I have ever used.
    I ran a 4” GP100 in a Kramer Vertical Scabbard off duty for a few years. Great setup imo.

I carried a 1911 in this Vertical Scabbard for 16 years.

It needs to be tightened up a bit, but it's still solid and would be my first choice were I to go back to that pistol.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I have three Kramer OWB holsters, as well as one IWB. Two of them are horsehide.

Excellent holsters, tough as nails. They aren't the prettiest of leather holsters, just in case that would matter to you, but they are quality.

Here is my Vertical Scabbard for a Hi Power.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sparkyfender; 06-10-2019 at 09:24 PM.

User Tag List