Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kramer Horsehide Leather OWB - Experiences/Thoughts?

Kramer Horsehide Leather OWB - Experiences/Thoughts?

I have been considering getting one of these recently, was wondering what others had to share about their experience with Kramer Leather and the OWB Scabbard Holster & Mag Pouches offered in Horsehide. I have a JRC AIWB CDA II that has been used a bit, so I am not new to horsehide... but I've read Kramer uses a very thin grade of Horsehide.

Thanks in advance!

Not a recent experience, but I had a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard rig for about a decade in the 90’s. Took some dedicated break in but was an absolute rock solid performer when paired with an Ernie Hill belt.

Site Supporter
    I have three Kramer belt scabbards. They are absolutely the best OWB holsters I have used. One of them has seen some rough treatment at matches, but it is not obvious from the condition of the holster.

I like their double magazine pouches for their compactness on my belt. However, the tension screw is almost impossible to adjust. The other side of the screw simply rotates as I try to turn the screw, rather than tightening. Also, I did not see a 1 1/4 inch belt option listed the last time I checked. Retention is still reasonable but I would like to be able to tighten it as it wears and stretches. They do last a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

The Kramer single mag pouches are my favorite mag pouches. Also love their 3x3 pouches for revolvers. I prefer the Sparks if I want a double mag pouch in leather.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Banned
    I don't have experiences Kramer horsehide but I have a Kramer Leather OWB for my 4006. It is without a doubt the stoutest and best made holster that I own.

The thing that really sold me on Kramer is when they cut the leather for my holster they called me to ask me if I carry my gun with the safety on or off so they knew how to form the leather the right way.

Site Supporter
    Kramer's Horsehide OWB for a 1911 here. Nature's Kydex. I have used it with great success in various matches, classes and for concealment.

Sometime in the 1980s I ordered Kramer belts and holsters in black. They are still in use. Horsehide wears very well, and is less affected by moisture than cowhide. The flip side of that is that dye on horsehide does not penetrate as thoroughly and erodes much quicker, leaving a mottled surface of brown and black (midden camouflage?). The solution is https://smile.amazon.com/Sof-Sole-Shoe-Crème-Black/dp/B005ME3C7M/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=SOFSOLE+black+shoe+creme&qid=1 557859914&s=gateway&sr=8-3 which does a splendid job of restoration.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 05-14-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I have a 19 year old Kramer IWB and two single mag carriers that are still in use. I also have a current production one for the px4 cc and one for my sig 365. I’m a fan. I did try one of their double mag carriers for the px4 and don’t like it that much - next time I’d stay with the singles. I don’t have experience with their OWB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have three Kramer belt scabbards. They are absolutely the best OWB holsters I have used.
    My experience too, across two decades.

Until Tony at Milt Sparks introduced the VM-2, I used a lot of Kramer Leather horsehide, including the pocket holster, IWB#2, IWB#1-1/2, and the MSP. The pocket holster is closing on twenty-five years old and is still in use. I sold the other holsters as they were surplus to my needs and had tons of service life to give. Great holsters.

User Tag List