Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Barr appoints special prosecutor to investigate Russia probe origins

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    We have the very model of a modern attorney general?
    We're friends for a reason, T.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Both parties are corrupt and cry foul when the other pulls dirty tricks. I have no use for the righteous warriors of either party as they are hypocrites. Misusing the FBI has a long history. Those who rise to the top of most institutions become corrupt. We switch masters who rant about social issues to control the masses but stay in control.

That's why I am cynical of Barr in this instance. I would prefer a clean sweep of all elites. One elite faction punishing the weaponized tools of the other faction will not ever stop that from happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We're friends for a reason, T.
    These ain't just words :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Can Gilbert & Sullivan be far off?

I figured you'd be singing "I've Got A Little List" right about now....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWo_3CIcTBQ
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I figured you'd be singing "I've Got A Little List" right about now....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWo_3CIcTBQ
    You fuckers are way too cultured for your own damn good.

(And @Wondering Beard, indeed they're not.)

I am reading the Mueller Report, especially Volume II as it deals with President Trump's actions with respect to obstruction of justice. This statement is a good "TL; DR" of the whole document.

The evidence we obtained about the President' s actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.
    In other words, both sides can claim the report validates that side's view.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I am reading the Mueller Report, especially Volume II as it deals with President Trump's actions with respect to obstruction of justice. This statement is a good "TL; DR" of the whole document.

In other words, both sides can claim the report validates that side's view.
    By "difficult issues", from what I've heard, it refers to the DOJ policy of not indicting a sitting president, and his presumed inability to defend himself against any such allegation in a court of law. (I have the report but have only just begun reading it.)

However, only one side, (individual in the main), seemed to conclude that he received total exoneration via the investigation.

(Surprised face...)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    ...In other words, both sides can claim the report validates that side's view.
    Not really. To claim that you know why Trump did something without proof is no validation. To claim that Trump did something that did not result in obstruction is no validation. This is their continuation of propaganda. If someone refused to make staff available, that could be obstruction, depending on circumstances. (Trump actually made virtually all his staff available.) There are many things that Trump could have done that actually could be obstruction. Firing an a$$hole is not obstruction if it didn't result in stopping an investigation.

As I see it, Trump was pissed at what was an obvious ploy to stop him performing as President. He did everything he could to see the the investigation conclude (as he knew there was no collusion) so he could move on. But even after almost two years, $30M and the "no collusion" results, the Democrats and the biased news media are in denial that their collusion plan failed. They are now grabbing at anything they can, twisting it as usual, to claim Trump obstruction. AND THE REAL OBSTRUCTION IS BY THE DEMOCRATS - THEY ARE OBSTRUCTING TRUMP.

Looks to me that they are not only still trying to claim Trump obstruction, but to get rid of Barr because his investigations will not be good for them.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    ...tribal anus warriors...
    I'm just going to allow myself a moment to enjoy this turn of phrase.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Not really. To claim that you know why Trump did something without proof is no validation. To claim that Trump did something that did not result in obstruction is no validation. This is their continuation of propaganda. If someone refused to make staff available, that could be obstruction, depending on circumstances. (Trump actually made virtually all his staff available.) There are many things that Trump could have done that actually could be obstruction. Firing an a$$hole is not obstruction if it didn't result in stopping an investigation.

As I see it, Trump was pissed at what was an obvious ploy to stop him performing as President. He did everything he could to see the the investigation conclude (as he knew there was no collusion) so he could move on. But even after almost two years, $30M and the "no collusion" results, the Democrats and the biased news media are in denial that their collusion plan failed. They are now grabbing at anything they can, twisting it as usual, to claim Trump obstruction. AND THE REAL OBSTRUCTION IS BY THE DEMOCRATS - THEY ARE OBSTRUCTING TRUMP.

Looks to me that they are not only still trying to claim Trump obstruction, but to get rid of Barr because his investigations will not be good for them.
    Because the process IS the punishment.

And, if they could get the taxpayers of this country to fit the bill to the tune of $35 million dollars for their OPO research for the 2020 election, that would be great.

Why wont they go to the SCIF and read the less redacted version that Barr has made available to select members? Because they wont be able to leak it. Thus, demand that it be made available to all of Congress, and they can leak it freely with ZERO comebacks on them.

User Tag List