Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Barr appoints special prosecutor to investigate Russia probe origins

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    There is a law...which has not been really tested in court, as best I know...that allows Congress to get specific returns from citizens under very controlled circumstances where the contents are not revealed to the public.

There is no law that allows for what Elijah Cummings is trying to do...get banking records for Donald Trump as a private citizen as well as bank records of his children.

The Supremes are not going to let that stand because if they endorse it, then it means there is no such thing as any right to privacy in the information government collects from citizens. The way the democrats in congress have approached this leaves absolutely no doubt about their intentions and the Supremes aren't going to endorse that.
    To be clear, I am only referring to his federal tax filings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The real interesting aspect of the Clinton Foundation is the run up in value while the Lizard Queen was SecState followed by a collapse in value when she lost the election.

Attachment 38545
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'll buy that, thank you.

In any event, I don't think some of that information in that report will ever be examined by congress. I'm getting an education here about grand juries. Courts aren't (or shouldn't ) let congress have an unredacted report. Nor should anyone in Trump's adm have to testify. Obama used exec privilege to protect Holder so Trump should be able to also.

I don't think the Mueller report is a that big a deal anyway. What is a much bigger deal is Trump's financial records and his tax returns. If he loses that fight he's in a lot of trouble. Congress is giving him time to appeal because he deserves an appeal. The dem congress will end any chances for a second term if they get those records and everyone knows it. That could prove foreign influence.
    You have to be trolling us all. There's no way someone could be this ignorant and naïve. Or could it?

Mueller rides off into the sunset.

Deleted....

Sorry, this deserves it's own thread.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-29-2019 at 12:13 PM.

User Tag List