Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Barr appoints special prosecutor to investigate Russia probe origins

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Loretta Lynch testified the FBI was never instructed to do that...
    Yeah, and that was a fake body double meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Yeah, and that was a fake body double meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac.
    That was to throw off the...Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    LL
    I hope you're right about the up coming release of documents,especially after today's little blow up...
    John Solomon is legit.
    #RESIST

Further confirmation that the declass is happening.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...n-surveillance

President Trump on Thursday night issued a memo giving Attorney General William Barr the authority to declassify any documents related to surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016.

Trump also ordered the intelligence community to cooperate with Barr. The memo read: "The heads of elements of the intelligence community... and the heads of each department or agency that includes an element of the intelligence community shall promptly provide such assistance and information as the Attorney General may request in connection with that review."
    #RESIST

I have no difficulty with an internal investigation to make sure everything was on the up and up but If you declassify documents used for FISA, you risking giving foreign powers the understanding of our countersnooping capabilities, and potentially spies we are using. I remember people wanting to charge the reporters of the pentagon Papers with treason for doing that, and a certain embassy hideout now in US custody of same...

Thats purely a political move and breaches the duty of the executive to protect US interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I have no difficulty with an internal investigation to make sure everything was on the up and up but If you declassify documents used for FISA, you risking giving foreign powers the understanding of our countersnooping capabilities, and potentially spies we are using. I remember people wanting to charge the reporters of the pentagon Papers with treason for doing that, and a certain embassy hideout now in US custody of same...

Thats purely a political move and breaches the duty of the executive to protect US interests.
    Depends on the content, I hardly think that this is some sort of Snowden-like reveal of software, techniques, etc.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post

Did you stop to think for a second before writing that?

You would have a point if you knew what is in the documents that are going to be declassified. But you don't.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-24-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Site Supporter
    I think the only thing that will be declassified will be what we need to know about the scheme against Trump. I don't think there will be any secret spy stuff for our nation's enemies. On the other hand, the MSM will be screaming about how Trump/Barr is working to give Russia our nuclear codes.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I think the only thing that will be declassified will be what we need to know about the scheme against Trump. I don't think there will be any secret spy stuff for our nation's enemies. On the other hand, the MSM will be screaming about how Trump/Barr is working to give Russia our nuclear codes.
    The problem with all this, as always, comes down to oversight and who gets to determine "what we need to know".

If items are cherry picked in furtherance of one agenda or another, we're no further along in the search for truth than before. This is of primary concern whenever any one side has the ability to determine what you do, and maybe more importantly, don't get to see.

My trust is a bit worn. (To put it mildly.)

One of my favorite quotes by Publilius Syrus:

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

trust, like the soul, once departed never returns.
    Last edited by blues; 05-24-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Depends on the content, I hardly think that this is some sort of Snowden-like reveal of software, techniques, etc.
    This is true. I would counter that with, there is a reason FISAQ documents are kept secret. If its really an invesitgation into illegality it wouldn't be done in the press. Its politics.

User Tag List