Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Barr appoints special prosecutor to investigate Russia probe origins

Site Supporter
    The battle of tribal anus warriors. The maturity level of a middle school kid fight.

It's another stirring up of the true believers that both sides are doing. Here's the solution: 1. You won't impeach Donald - vote him out. 2. You love Donald - keep him around and busting some leaker won't make the market go up.

The country has real problems and the partisan fighting (send a check) is doing nothing. Move on. True believers get their pants wet watching Fox News or MSNBC. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This country has become lamentable.
    And stopping future use of our federal agencies for political warring is a good thing.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    And stopping future use of our federal agencies for political warring is a good thing.
    It would be. I completely agree as one who actually believes in the concept of impartiality and that justice should be blind.

But I don't see any evidence of it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It would be. I completely agree as one who actually believes in the concept of impartiality and that justice should be blind.

But I don't see any evidence of it.
    You don't see any evidence of the DOJ, CIA, and FBI being used against Trump in 2016-2017?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Barr to Trump: "By your command."
    It is, indeed, by the President's command as the AG is a member of the Executive Cabinet and thus reports to the President.

Here's who the Attorney General does not take orders from or reports to: Congress.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.

You don't see any evidence of the DOJ, CIA, and FBI being used against Trump in 2016-2017?
    I don't see any evidence of gov't agencies not being used as political tools (by either side).

Frankly, it's sickening to see how things have devolved. I wouldn't piss on any of 'em if they caught fire.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I don't see any evidence of gov't agencies not being used as political tools (by either side).

Frankly, it's sickening to see how things have devolved. I wouldn't piss on any of 'em if they caught fire.
    This is a step in the right direction. Ignoring this misuse is not good. Furthermore, some good people have had their lives ruined over this misuse. It's evil and needs to be stopped.
    #RESIST

If it develops that there's fire where the smoke is, and that the FBI put its thumb on the scale of an election, that would be of great concern regardless of party affiliation. If nothing else an exhaustive investigation and any prosecutions that might derive from that would likely have a deterrent effect on officials who might be tempted to do such things in the future.

If the FBI is perceived as prone to partisan skullduggery, and not as rock solid neutral, that will be damaging to the country as whole. I'm about as conservative and presumptively respectful and appreciative of law enforcement as one gets, but I know I've thought to myself over the past little while that if I were to encounter an FBI agent, I would have to fight to avoid mentally classifying the agent in the same way I might view a CNN journalist as a legit journalist.

This country has become lamentable.
    Well, our elites are deplorable.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

This is a step in the right direction. Ignoring this misuse is not good. Furthermore, some good people have had their lives ruined over this misuse. It's evil and needs to be stopped.
    Nope, the country has real problems. Sweep this one under the rug.

- Glenn E. Meyer

User Tag List