Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extra Magazine Carry

Student
    JMCK AIWB. Recently switched to the high-ride version with a pad and DCC clip and I kinda wish I did it sooner.

Once I switched to AIWB, I stopped carrying a spare on my belt. I carry in my off side front pocket and have been using a DeSantis pocket mag pouch to keep it oriented & the crud out of it. No, it isn't the fastest reload set-up out there but I'll take the trade-off.

AIWB carry during summer, owb during winter (wear flannels most often), or pocket carry if carrying my 1911

When carrying AIWB, Dark Star Koala IWB at about 10 o'clock with some reverse cant.

When carrying strong side, GCode OWB mag carrier on support side, behind my phone.

Site Supporter
    Based on this thread I bought one of Snake Eater’s nylon AIWB magazine pouches and I am very happy with it. I have always found the spare magazine to be more uncomfortable AIWB than the pistol using JMCK products. I’ll still use the JMCK AIWB during classes as it is easier to reinsert the magazine but the Snake Eater is just what the doctor ordered for comfortable every day carry.

old Safariland horizontal https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-polymer-black

or the Bawidamann horizontal http://bawidamann.com/carriers-magazine/, its also all I practice with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    JMCK AIWB
    Me2. One day it occurred to me, that while I had never really made the mind leap to AIWB (been doing something else for forty years, change is hard...) there was no law that said I had to adhere to the same style of carry for a spare mag. And that (soft) part of my (soft) body is much more conformal to wrapping itself around a magazine inside my belt...

I used to have a mag pouch made by whoever was making the holster I ordered. {leather}

Lately, I have been using a Neomag, it clips onto your pocket much like the clip on a knife, holds the magazine with a magnet. They are a bit pricey, IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Switched to these across the board with no regrets. G48 and G17 mags. Bought an extra to leave set at the 24(?) rounder length. The magazine height adjustability is awesome. The extra length prevents rolling out, the DCC clip keeps it super low-profile.

My only minor-minor preference would be to ditch the loop attachment point at the top, which adds unnecessary (for me) thickness there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    JMCK AIWB. Recently switched to the high-ride version with a pad and DCC clip and I kinda wish I did it sooner.

User Tag List