Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Magazine Carry

Site Supporter
    I use a Custom Carry Concepts Basic Mag Carrier, and typically wear two of them. My magazines are typically at 8:00 behind my light.

For pocket carry I use a Kramer pocket magazine pouch. It is quite compact but after years of use retention is less than I would like, and it is expensive for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Another vote for snake eater pouches. I use them with G42/43 & G19 mags.

I've started using the snake eater AIWB and it's been good. I can sink it low for concealment, and pull it up a bit if i want easier access

The Wilderness Horizontal pouch @ 11:00 with mag base facing to the rear, bullets facing the ground:

https://www.thewilderness.com/magazi...-single-stack/

They have double stack as well.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 05-13-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Most commonly, when concealment is a priority, in my front left pocket.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had always resigned spare mag carry as unfeasible for me, until I tried the DSG Koala on a whim. It’s the reverse cant that makes it great.

Site Supporter
    I carry IWB - right side - with a reload in a Ready Tactical kydex mag pouch on my left side "OWB". M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm with a full size spare. I like the way the Ready Tactical mag pouches are easy on and off.

I have 2 each of CCC BMCs and Kytex pouches. When gearing up at home, I almost always choose a BMC because I like the security of the solid loop. If I have a scenario where I need to put on gear in my car, a Kytex gets the nod for the easier on/off. For USPSA, all 4 get used, albeit with the caveat that the Kytex are definitely suboptimal in that role - I have occasionally managed to pull Kytex pouches off of my belt when reloading at speed.

95% of the time front left pocket because I’m lazy. Rest of the time is with a veil solutions appendix pouch which is awesome. For OWB I’ve used Kytex, blade tech, Safariland, OTD Eggroll and raven. For concealment either the Kytex or Raven are pretty decent, but they’re not nearly as discreet as the Veil.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Most commonly, when concealment is a priority, in my front left pocket.
    Yup.

User Tag List