Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Magazine Carry

Extra Magazine Carry

What's everyone's preferred method to carry an extra magazine? My typical method, at least with thicker clothing I wear a 10-speed pouch strong side. I would prefer to carry my extra mag appendix, but have yet to find "the one" that's comfortable. What are some of the better options?

This has worked surprisingly well for me. It hides very nicely since it is inline with belt. G19/g17 mags work perfect. I carry it 8-9 o’clock while I carry my g19 3-4 o’clock

https://stealthgearusa.com/Product/s...-black/1696984

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    It would help if we knew what kind of mag for what platform. Having said that, I have used the following mag carriers in the past with the following platforms:
    Glock
    Rafter S Leather Clipon (OWB)
    Glock Brand Mag Pouch (OWB)
    CCC Basic Mag Carrier (OWB)
    Alabama Holster Co (AIWB/IWB)
    Snake eater Tactical (AIWB/IWB)

In AIWB, The Snake eater pouch was far more comfortable than the Alabama. In OWB, pretty much a wash re comfort. The CCC are slightly more concealable than the Glock, the Glock OEM pouches can also be used to carry TQs, lights and tools.

Blade Tech Singles (OWB)
    Safariland Double (OWB)
    Rafter S Clipon (OWB)
    G Wm. Davis Double (IWB)
    Snake eater Tactical (IWB)

In AIWB, Snake eater wins again. In OWB, again a wash re comfort with a nod toward the BT singles for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    It would help if we knew what kind of mag for what platform.
    I'm currently running a G19

Snake eater tactical. Super comfortable carried a shield mag, glock mag, now a M&P mag. Also works for a naa black widow
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Banned
    Bianchi Triple Threat.

I bought it for work and it worked so well I bought a second for everyday use

Snakeater tactical appendix with a Glock 19 round magazine.

I mostly just carry in the CCC VersaMag carrier, but I have the BMC from CCC as well. (Don't use the BMC much even though it's an awesome design. I like the quick on off without pulling the belt through.)

When I don't use the VersaMag, I use the Mastermind AIWB mag carrier...but not as much as I used to. VersaMag gets the nod as long as my shirt doesn't print excessively with it.

Each of them excellent pieces of gear.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For the last several weeks I've been using the Dark Star Koala IWB at about 10 o'clock with some reverse cant. Prior, I was using an OWB from JMCK at about 8:30-9:00. When I'm wearing a suit or suit jacket I'll switch back to the JMCK.

Another vote for Snake Eater Tactical. Most comfortable of the ones i have tried. i also like the @Dark Star Gear mag pouch as well but the SET aiwb is still a bit more comfortable

User Tag List