Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensions with Iran

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

Dozens of crew members have been rescued after abandoning two oil tankers hit by explosions in the Gulf of Oman.

Iran said it had rescued the 21 crew members on board the Kokuka Courageous and the 23 on the Front Altair.

The cause of the explosions in one of the world's busiest oil routes remains unclear and both vessels are still afloat.

The incident comes a month after four oil tankers were attacked off the UAE.

The cause has not been confirmed.

The Norwegian-owned Front Altair had been "attacked", the Norwegian Maritime Authority said, leading to three explosions on board.

Wu I-fang, a spokesman for Taiwan's state oil refiner CPC Corp, which chartered the Front Altair, said it was carrying 75,000 tonnes of naphtha and was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo", although this has not been confirmed. Other unverified reports suggested a mine attack.

Name:  tanker.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  20.2 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Couple of articles about this over at zero hedge..price of crude shot up to $62 a barrel. So far, nobody seems to know who exactly attacked these tankers, One of the tankers is Japanese owned, and Iranian leaders were supposed to be meeting with members of the Japanese goverment either today, or yesterday. I have my doubts at this point, that the Iranians were involved. Myself, I suspect this could be a false flag operation, IMO, these attacks were pretty half assed, I suppose it's possible they hit a mine, that anybody could've laid, article at ZH said ships were torpedoed. Anyway, War with Iran, in 3, 2, 1, Oh, and watch the price of gas shoot above $3.00 a gallon again...What's the best way to take peoples eyes off a failing economy, that this time the fed can't fix?? Start a war...
    Last edited by ralph; 06-13-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    ...What's the best way to take peoples eyes off a failing economy, that this time the fed can't fix?? Start a war...
    Compared to the 8 years preceding this President, we have a booming economy. Are you saying our government is starting a war? For what purpose?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Commercial Ships Sabotaged Off UAE

Couple of articles about this over at zero hedge..price of crude shot up to $62 a barrel. So far, nobody seems to know who exactly attacked these tankers, One of the tankers is Japanese owned, and Iranian leaders were supposed to be meeting with members of the Japanese goverment either today, or yesterday. I have my doubts at this point, that the Iranians were involved. Myself, I suspect this could be a false flag operation, IMO, these attacks were pretty half assed, I suppose it's possible they hit a mine, that anybody could've laid, article at ZH said ships were torpedoed. Anyway, War with Iran, in 3, 2, 1, Oh, and watch the price of gas shoot above $3.00 a gallon again...What's the best way to take peoples eyes off a failing economy, that this time the fed can't fix?? Start a war...
    Wait, what? Iran’s leadership meeting with the Japanese at the exact same time means they didn’t do it, but instead it’s our federal government trying to start a war with Iran because the economy is failing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 06-13-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Compared to the 8 years preceding this President, we have a booming economy. Are you saying our government is starting a war? For what purpose?
    Well, like it or not, our goverment/MIC, has been trying to start a world wide hegomony for years..right now, only 3 countries stand in the way..Russia, China, And Iran, get rid of these three and you control the whole world..Booming ecomony? 2-3% annunal growth is not booming, it's treading water.. Auto and retail sales have been slowing for awhile now.. From what I've been reading at different sites we're heading into another recession, I mean, the Fed is now talking about lowering rates and going back to Q.E. T- bills are paying just over 2%, just how far can you lower rates? What happens when you hit zero? The reality about the economy is, nothing was fixed after the real estate market crash in 2008..It was just papered over..

Our economy is failing?

I'm not stating that in an argumentative way due to political orientation, I'm legitimately asking because our investments have been doing great....something that doesn't occur in failing economies.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Wait, what? Iran’s leadership meeting with the Japanese at the exact same time means they didn’t do it, but instead it’s our federal government trying to start a war with Iran because the economy is failing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did'nt exactly say that, but starting wars to divert attention is a time honored tactic.. Look at the Falklands war for example, Argentina's economy was in dire straights (again) So, what did their goverment do? Take over the Falklands..problen was, they did'nt expect the response the got from the UK.. And after it was over, their economy collasped. Funny how that works isn't it?Go over to zero hedge and read for yourself, yes the Iranians were in a meeting with the japanese, Why would they attack a japanese ship when they were meeting with the japanese? Rather embarrassing no? My point is something stinks about this whole thing, you've got people in our goverment who've been pining for a war with Iran for years, and just wanting an excuse to start one..They just might have it.
    Last edited by ralph; 06-13-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Our economy is failing?

I'm not stating that in an argumentative way due to political orientation, I'm legitimately asking because our investments have been doing great....something that doesn't occur in failing economies.
    Well, some investments will do good even when thing aren't that great, so good for you, But like I said in my post above, the Fed has reversed course, and is talking about cutting rates and possibly more QE, so, they know a slowdown is coming.The important thing to remember is, this time around the Fed dosen't have alot of tools in the toolbox to work with this time around, All I could say is keep your eyes open..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-13-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Well, like it or not, our goverment/MIC, has been trying to start a world wide hegomony for years..right now, only 3 countries stand in the way..Russia, China, And Iran, get rid of these three and you control the whole world..Booming ecomony? 2-3% annunal growth is not booming, it's treading water.. Auto and retail sales have been slowing for awhile now.. From what I've been reading at different sites we're heading into another recession, I mean, the Fed is now talking about lowering rates and going back to Q.E. T- bills are paying just over 2%, just how far can you lower rates? What happens when you hit zero? The reality about the economy is, nothing was fixed after the real estate market crash in 2008..It was just papered over..
    Failing economy?

#RESIST

Well, some investments will do good even when thing aren't that great, so good for you, But like I said in my post above, the Fed has reversed course, and is talking about cutting rates and possibly more QE, so, they know a slowdown is coming.The important thing to remember is, this time around the Fed dosen't have alot of tools in the toolbox to work with this time around, All I could say is keep your eyes open..
    So what you're saying is that it's an economy, doing economic things, in flux, like economies normally do?

That's not what a failing economy is.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List