Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensions with Iran

No I mean, like Los Angeles.

Why do you want to be a superpower?
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 06-21-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm not seeing the need to go to war because the Iranians killed a fucking robot.
    Is there a way to discern if the drone was flying over Iranian waters?

Or we have to believe whoever we want to?

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post

Radar track, data stream would have been recorded, will show INS position, apply to chart, mystery solved.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Radar track, data stream would have been recorded, will show INS position, apply to chart, mystery solved.
    Of course someone knows, should be pretty easy.

But is this unalterated data available for simpletons like us or a knowledgeable, independent third party? Or is it "trust me"?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Apparently, there may have been more than one drone in the area and there is also some question as to where that drone actually was.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well, an unauthorized foreign military drone over your own territory is fair game...

Well, an unauthorized foreign military drone over your own territory is fair game...
    Yup, that's my understanding about drones..one gets shot down, no big deal..crack open another crate, put one together and send it up..OTOH, if the Iranians manage to shoot down one of our aircraft, accidently or otherwise, and capture, kill the pilot, crew, then it's game on..A dangerous game of chicken is being played here, Gas where I live shot up $.030 a gallon overnight, I don't know if the price raise is related to this, or the refinery fire in Phila, I read about this AM..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-21-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yup, that's my understanding about drones..one gets shot down, no big deal..crack open another crate, put one together and send it up..OTOH, if the Iranians manage to shoot down one of our aircraft, accidently or otherwise, then it's game on..a dangerous game of chicken is being played here, Gas where I live shot up $.030 a gallon overnight..
    That refinery fire in Philly may have had something to do with that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That refinery fire in Philly may have had something to do with that.
    Figures..I've been in a couple refinery fires..In one, for a few minutes, I wasn't sure if me, and my partner were going to make it.. I've never been so scared in my life..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-21-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yup, that's my understanding about drones..one gets shot down, no big deal..crack open another crate, put one together and send it up..OTOH, if the Iranians manage to shoot down one of our aircraft, accidently or otherwise, then it's game on..a dangerous game of chicken is being played here, Gas where I live shot up $.030 a gallon overnight..
    Technically, any unauthorized foreign military drone/sub/plane/boat/boots over your own territory is fair game... even more in unfriendly situations.

I'm not sure international law requieres warning shots, plane interceptions, or things like that.

User Tag List