Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensions with Iran

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Well hell in that case, let's also invade Russia during the winter! It'll be different this time!
    We might as well occupy Afghanistan too, because that'll work out differently for us than the British and Russians.

Oh. Wait...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

This smells fishy... I don't know it seems like there are folks that have been wanting a conflict with Iran for a long time and recently have been begging for an excuse.

False flag operation.

Well hell in that case, let's also invade Russia during the winter! It'll be different this time!
    Definitely. We don't have 99 divisions to send like Ze Germans did.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Hey, let's send the carriers within range of all the Chinese area denial forces! Why not do it big? Oh, wait, one of our members says the Pentagon has magic plans not to be clobbered if we do that.

We shouldn't criticize war provoking actions because we got Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court to save gun rights. Follow my twisted thought patterns here. Hey, my portfolio is worth tanking for Kavanaugh!

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

The US state department has ordered the departure of "non-emergency employees" from Iraq, amid rising tensions between the US and Iraq's neighbour Iran.

Staff at the embassy in Baghdad and the consulate in Irbil must leave as soon as possible on commercial transport.

Meanwhile, the German and Dutch armies have suspended training Iraqi soldiers.

The US military said on Tuesday that the threat level in the Middle East had been raised in response to intelligence about Iran-backed forces in the region.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:
    Yeah, I saw that this morning. Filled me with warm fuzzies. I was also talking to a friend of mine who's over in the potential boogaloo zone about basewide restrictions and shit that they're dealing with. Yeehaw.

If we could hold off on Shitty Desert War Volume 4 until AFTER I come back from the region that would be great.
    But muh Boeing Defense shares!
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    https://m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Bl...tnesses-590120

KATYUSHA ROCKET FALLS NEAR U.S. EMBASSY IN CENTRAL BAGHDAD, NO INJURIES

"A Katyusha rocket fell in the middle of the Green Zone without causing any losses, details to come later," the military said in a brief statement.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-19-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I grew up learning about the just-happened Gulf War and knowing a bunch of folks that went. Then I watched 9-11 happen and knew a ton of people who served in Afghanistan or Iraq. So my entire conscious life we've been at war or just coming back from war in that cursed sand bucket in some fashion.

I really, really, really hope we can avoid doing this dance again.

"Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia."
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List