Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensions with Iran

As long as the price of diesel stays around $3/gal I don't care what those middle eastern countries do.

They're going to jack each other around anyway and blame the US for all their problems. Let them starve and live in the rubble. Blowing shit up seems to be the only thing they know how to do.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Houthi Rebels?

Off the Gulf of Oman?

They're on the other side of the Arabian Peninsula, about 800 miles from where they should be.
    My money is on the IRGC.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This was an attack, not sabotage, right?
    I don't know.

My question is the old homicide one: Cui bono? Who benefits from sparking War #3 in the Persian Gulf? Who benefits from the price of crude rising?

I don't see the benefit to the Iranians, not to mention having the most recent tanker attacks/sabotage taking place during the visit of the PM of Japan. Their infrastructure would take a severe pounding.

Bolton's decades-long penchant for war-mongering aside, I don't see a benefit to the U.S. We're not going to be able to put together another Coalition of the (Un)Willing again. None of the secondary Western military powers are frothing at the bit to get into another quagmire in the sandbox. We don't have the military power to occupy a country of eighty million people, not without committing atrocities on a German or Mongolian Horde scale.

It doesn't benefit the Chinese, for they import a lot of oil.

So who benefits from (a) causing instability in Iran and (b) running up the price of oil?

For category (a): Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Boltonite neo-cons, who have a wet-dream of an American Empire.

For category (b): Russia, Saudi Arabia, and other oil exporters. I can't see Canada, Mexico, Venezuala or Norway pulling this off. Elements of the American oil industry would benefit, as the price of crude has to be high to make fracking profitable. But the political ramifications of being found out would wreck the petroleum industries in any democracy, so we can rule out those guys. (Though maybe somebody might want to see what Eric Prince has been doing of late.)

Seems that the Saudis check both boxes. Means, motive and opportunity, yep. Not to mention the deep personal relationship between the First Son-in-Law and Prince Bone Saw.

Doesn't mean they did it. But if I were writing the novel......
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Funny. In one of the post Vince Flynn Mitch Rapp novels, it's the Russians who plot to drive up the price of oil by starting a war in the sand box. Meanwhile in Norway... "You were right Ole, dey never suspect us. He he he. "
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't know.

My question is the old homicide one: Cui bono? Who benefits from sparking War #3 in the Persian Gulf? Who benefits from the price of crude rising?

I don't see the benefit to the Iranians, not to mention having the most recent tanker attacks/sabotage taking place during the visit of the PM of Japan. Their infrastructure would take a severe pounding.

Bolton's decades-long penchant for war-mongering aside, I don't see a benefit to the U.S. We're not going to be able to put together another Coalition of the (Un)Willing again. None of the secondary Western military powers are frothing at the bit to get into another quagmire in the sandbox. We don't have the military power to occupy a country of eighty million people, not without committing atrocities on a German or Mongolian Horde scale.

It doesn't benefit the Chinese, for they import a lot of oil.

So who benefits from (a) causing instability in Iran and (b) running up the price of oil?

For category (a): Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Boltonite neo-cons, who have a wet-dream of an American Empire.

For category (b): Russia, Saudi Arabia, and other oil exporters. I can't see Canada, Mexico, Venezuala or Norway pulling this off. Elements of the American oil industry would benefit, as the price of crude has to be high to make fracking profitable. But the political ramifications of being found out would wreck the petroleum industries in any democracy, so we can rule out those guys. (Though maybe somebody might want to see what Eric Prince has been doing of late.)

Seems that the Saudis check both boxes. Means, motive and opportunity, yep. Not to mention the deep personal relationship between the First Son-in-Law and Prince Bone Saw.

Awaiting Stephanie’s updated version of the best Clancy novel.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Iran did it!
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Awaiting Stephanie’s updated version of the best Clancy novel.
    I'd need some people to run the wargames.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

My afternoon background reading today was wikipedia links to false flag attacks.

Reading this thread, it seems I'm not the only person who would like to see some evidence to go with accusations.

Has the last 20 years started to make more of us skeptical about some things?

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    My afternoon background reading today was wikipedia links to false flag attacks.

Reading this thread, it seems I'm not the only person who would like to see some evidence to go with accusations.

Has the last 20 years started to make more of us skeptical about some things?
    20 years? Do you even Gulf of Tonkin bro?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List