Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $249 Model 64s

Quote Originally Posted by powell556 View Post
    I'm still new to revolvers. How big of a deal is not having the ejector rod be shrouded like on a M19/66? As a novice, it would seem to me that there's not much weight added for a little extra metal giving that full shroud but you could gain enormous durability should you ever wind up using your gun to hit someone with. After your 6 rounds are out that is. I wonder why all guns don't have the full shroud? Even on a gun meant for pure plinking, I would think it adds durability in case it was banged around accidentally. But I'm just guessing on the weight cost. Maybe it weighs more than I think to add the full shroud?
    There is very little ejector rod that is exposed, in a 2” snub-gun, so I would think that its vulnerability is rather low. I would rather not swing a revolver in a direction that would endanger the ejector rod, anyway, as the impact could damage the trigger guard.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-18-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, it cost substantially more than $249, but I got to inspect it before purchasing, locally; a very nice 2” 64-2 came home with me, yesterday. This checks one very significant box on the long-time to-buy list.

Interestingly, I found that the standard S&W grip/stock panels are a comfortable fit, in my hands. It seems that my hands have changed, since 1983/1984, when I last bought a round-but K-Frame with this type of grips. Many fabrics tend to cling to the rubbery types of grips, such as those on my SP101 and GP100 revolvers, and I do plan to carry this K-Snub. Life is good.
    Notably, this “used” 64-2 has tighter lock-up than plenty of the new S&W revolvers I have handled, over the years. Talk about ZERO buyer’s remorse; this is a lifetime pistol. Yes, pistol; revolving pistol.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Broke down and ordered one. Figured I would shoot it to make sure it shot to POA then save it for my son. He's 10 months now but I figure a m64 is prit near the perfect gun to step up from the single six I already have.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Broke down and ordered one. Figured I would shoot it to make sure it shot to POA then save it for my son. He's 10 months now but I figure a m64 is prit near the perfect gun to step up from the single six I already have.
    ...and we're all sure it'll stay in the safe the whole time. Sure, it will...

User Tag List