Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $249 Model 64s

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I should just drive over there and see if I can't pick one out. I wonder if they have any 3 inchers?
    How rare is the 3" model 64? I've got one that I've had for probably 10 years that I really don't do much with at all. I never thought it was anything special. At least not compared to the frenzy over 3" 66's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    How rare is the 3" model 64? I've got one that I've had for probably 10 years that I really don't do much with at all. I never thought it was anything special. At least not compared to the frenzy over 3" 66's.
    I don't believe the 3" 66 was ever a production model, and was only distributor specials, while the 3" 64 was a catalog item that probably lived in the shadow of the 3" 65. But the 3" 64 is still plenty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I don't believe the 3" 66 was ever a production model, and was only distributor specials, while the 3" 64 was a catalog item that probably lived in the shadow of the 3" 65. But the 3" 64 is still plenty cool.
    Gotcha

Site Supporter
    Tempted, but I already have a pristine (except for the aftermarket grips) pencil-barreled Model 10-7 I don't shoot.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Tempted, but I already have a pristine (except for the aftermarket grips) pencil-barreled Model 10-7 I don't shoot.

Chris
    These are beaters (compared to what you have) so there's a reason to buy one.

Yes, I'm enabling.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    These are beaters (compared to what you have) so there's a reason to buy one.
    And stainless, so they'll be good in humid/sweaty environments.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And stainless, so they'll be good in humid/sweaty environments.
    To some degree.

I don't know what exact stainless alloy S&W uses but I bet it's a 400 series which is hardenable through heat treat and martensitic; and not as rust resistant as austenitic stainless like the 200 and 300 series. Both my stainless revolvers show evidence of rust (pitting) from previous owners.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-14-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    To some degree.

I don't know what exact stainless alloy S&W uses but I bet it's a 400 series which is hardenable through heat treat and martensitic; and not as rust resistant as austenitic stainless like the 200 and 300 series. Both my stainless revolvers show evidence of rust (pitting) from previous owners.
    Stain-less, not stain-no.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Stain-less, not stain-no.
    LOL good one. Never thought of it that way.

I promise not to hate you if you find onr.

Go for it.
    If I do I'll be sure to post up a picture or twenty.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List