Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: $249 Model 64s

  1. #21
    Member 03RN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    LOL good one. Never thought of it that way.
    That's how I've always thought of it. Except for Springfields stainmore.

    Also nice if you're going to round but it. It doesn't need to be refinished.

  2. #22
    Member Alpha Sierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Also nice if you're going to round but it. It doesn't need to be refinished.
    True that

  3. #23
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Athens, AL, USA
    S&W Forum members speculated the cylinders and barrels were made from either 17-4 PH (I kinda doubt that one based on my experience with 17-4 PH in other revolvers) or 436. 416 would be another common choice for stainless barrels. I do not have a clue about material in the grip frame and side plate.

  4. #24
    Member Alpha Sierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    S&W Forum members speculated the cylinders and barrels were made from either 17-4 PH (I kinda doubt that one based on my experience with 17-4 PH in other revolvers) or 436. 416 would be another common choice for stainless barrels. I do not have a clue about material in the grip frame and side plate.
    17-4PH they aren't. My revolvers have too much evidence of corrosion to be that alloy (which I'm very familiar with).

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I have two M64s, as well. I;m not looking for another. But for those who don't, I suspect that we're seeing the end of the days of the cheap-ish K frames.
    Yep, the faucet is down to a drip.

    Thank goodness I already have two (both 3”).

  6. #26
    Revolver Enabler-in-Chief Stephanie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE CT
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Yep, the faucet is down to a drip.

    Thank goodness I already have two (both 3”).
    I'd like to get a 3" 64 to pair with my 65. But I may just bite the IL bullet and buy a 66-8.
    Former professional pain-in-the-@ss.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'd like to get a 3" 64 to pair with my 65. But I may just bite the IL bullet and buy a 66-8.
    I’d love to find a 3” 65 (or 13) that’s not priced like it’s gold plated.

    The 2 3/4” M-66 has caught my eye, but for some reason, after years of open-mindedness, I’ve become a bit of a pre-lock/forged snob.

  8. #28
    Member 03RN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'd like to get a 3" 64 to pair with my 65. But I may just bite the IL bullet and buy a 66-8.
    Name:  KIMG1255.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  101.8 KB
    Join the dark side.....

  9. #29
    Member 03RN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rhode Island
    @LittleLebowski

    At $275 I think you could do worse

  10. #30
    Site Supporter Rex G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SE Texas
    Well, it cost substantially more than $249, but I got to inspect it before purchasing, locally; a very nice 2” 64-2 came home with me, yesterday. This checks one very significant box on the long-time to-buy list.

    Interestingly, I found that the standard S&W grip/stock panels are a comfortable fit, in my hands. It seems that my hands have changed, since 1983/1984, when I last bought a round-but K-Frame with this type of grips. Many fabrics tend to cling to the rubbery types of grips, such as those on my SP101 and GP100 revolvers, and I do plan to carry this K-Snub. Life is good.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Retar’d LE

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •