Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Met the Lipsey's rep at "Ruger Days;" got talked into a flattop .44 special...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm really close to finding an Australian cattle dog. Been researching more and more.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    So keep it concealed. ;-)
    That's right. Keep it in your pants like a private part. They belong there anyway.

I guess I just read to many articles by Skeeter Skelton and Elmer Keith when I was younger and this thread has prompted me to go ahead and get a Ruger Flattop in 44Special. I have no rational reason for doing so except want. I know many of you understand. Order mine through Grab-A-Gun for under $500 and hope to have it Friday, but a little later is OK too.

https://grabagun.com/ruger-blackhawk...top-4-5-8.html
    Last edited by Gary1911A1; 05-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    That's right. Keep it in your pants like a private part. They belong there anyway.
    “Keep it in your pants” says the guy named willie. I believe this falls under the category known as irony...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm really close to finding an Australian cattle dog. Been researching more and more.
    My best friend had one, and he was a great dog.
    Super smart- he could figure out how open the gate when he wanted to go swimming down in the ocean.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Awesome pictures my friend. Get another one. It will help heal that hole in your heart I was talking about.

Dave
    We still have one Pomeranian left after putting one down last year. He's 14. Once he's gone I'll think about another dog.

I don't have the time to train a hard headed dog now.

Jack was special and I don't think he'll ever be replaced. My son is 10months and maybe when he's older and asking for a dog I'll train him how to train a dog

Sorry to derail
    Last edited by 03RN; 05-14-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    We still have one Pomeranian left after putting one down last year. He's 14. Once he's gone I'll think about another dog.

I don't have the time to train a hard headed dog now.

Jack was special and I don't think he'll ever be replaced. My son is 10months and maybe when he's older and asking for a dog I'll train him how to train a dog

Sorry to derail
    I don't know-good dogs and big bore single action revolvers seem to go together.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I don't know-good dogs and big bore single action revolvers seem to go together.
    In that case

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Blue Heelers are working dogs and need a job to do. They have high energy level. Many are a tad nervous. They definitely are not a breed to be left alone in a house or apartment. I have seen unsocialized ones which were aggressive. My last pup was half Heeler.
    Last edited by willie; 05-14-2019 at 05:27 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My neighbor has a golden retriever that is completely unfazed by fireworks. He trained her as a puppy by playing fetch on the field across the access road from the pistol lanes at the local public outdoor range.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List