Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Met the Lipsey's rep at "Ruger Days;" got talked into a flattop .44 special...

Met the Lipsey's rep at "Ruger Days;" got talked into a flattop .44 special...

What can I say? She was young and fun, with that soft Louisiana accent... plus, I'm a sucker for the medium frame Blackhawk, and I've sort of wanted the .44 spec twin to my 4 5/8" .357 for a while now, anyways.
    In addition to the not-so-hard-sell, I found out that they only have 9, er, 8 left in stock, and that's it for the first of the many Lipsey limited buys from Ruger. Right now, they are all over the online marketplace (eg. Bud's), in stocks of from 1-7, on sale for 450-ish. When they're gone, they are reportedly gone. Just so the 2.5 of you here who might care about a medium frame SA wheelie in .44 Special know.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Nice-and you don't have to pick up a new holster for it either.

Let us know how it shoots in.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What can I say? She was young and fun, with that soft Louisiana accent... plus, I'm a sucker for the medium frame Blackhawk, and I've sort of wanted the .44 spec twin to my 4 5/8" .357 for a while now, anyways.
    In addition to the not-so-hard-sell, I found out that they only have 9, er, 8 left in stock, and that's it for the first of the many Lipsey limited buys from Ruger. Right now, they are all over the online marketplace (eg. Bud's), in stocks of from 1-7, on sale for 450-ish. When they're gone, they are reportedly gone. Just so the 2.5 of you here who might care about a medium frame SA wheelie in .44 Special know.

That’s a gun. Want photos of the rep ....;-)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Head on down to a Ruger days event near you:

https://ruger.com/links/rugerEvents.html

If you’re a middle-aged fart like me, I bet she can sell you a hogleg or three as well.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Me too

Site Supporter
    I like Louisiana accents.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Like-new 4 5/8 Ruger New Vaquero, .45 Colt. In the shop in a town not far from here just last week, and I’ve been dreaming about it. If it’s still there when I go back to that town this Thursday, there may be a horse trade conducted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Me too
    Does that dog hunt?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Me too
    Does that dog next to you hunt?

My Flattop 357 Blackhawk is my most fun gun, if it was in 45 Colt it would be even more fun and I wouldn't have had to order one in 45 last week....

Duelist, you should snag that 45. Fun shooters for sure!
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 05-12-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Does that dog next to you hunt?
    He did. I had to put him down 2 years ago

User Tag List