Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PX4 Single Stack?

PX4 Single Stack?

Anychance they’ll combine the best of both worlds? All the talk about AIWB carry, single stacks strikers and not blowin’ your n———— off. I can dream. Only thing on the market is the chunky Springfield XDE, tried it hated the trigger.

Honestly, I hope we see some of these. Ernest, run that up the flag pole.

Dave

the market for hammer guns is (unfortunately) small compared to strikers. while it pains me to say it, I really doubt we'll see beretta do much more with the PX4 line.

the XDE trigger smooths out nicely with use. i did not expect to like the XDE but i got such a good deal on one I couldn't say no. my only mild gripe is that I wish I could have a "V3" decocker only variant. i've got no use for a thumb safety. the XDE is a sweet shooter but I'm also in love with my XDS mod 2 so I'm not sure if the XDE will be sticking with me. now if HK could make a single stack P30 or VP9 that would be tremendous.
    Last edited by Squib308; 05-11-2019 at 08:05 PM.

I just don't think this is something we're likely to see from ANY company at this point, the market (civilian) just does not seem to care for hammer fired carry guns of this size with a hammer. For whatever reason though hammers are somewhat popular on mid to full-size carry (though more duty grade) pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    the market for hammer guns is (unfortunately) small compared to strikers. while it pains me to say it, I really doubt we'll see beretta do much more with the PX4 line.

the XDE trigger smooths out nicely with use. i did not expect to like the XDE but i got such a good deal on one I couldn't say no. my only mild gripe is that I wish I could have a "V3" decocker only variant. i've got no use for a thumb safety. the XDE is a sweet shooter but I'm also in love with my XDS mod 2 so I'm not sure if the XDE will be sticking with me. now if HK could make a single stack P30 or VP9 that would be tremendous.
    Maybe a year ago, I checked out a rental XDE at the local range to check it out. Was pleasantly surprised. The trigger isn't great, but it really isn't much worse than a P30 V3. I think there is less of a chance of inadvertently engaging the safety than with an F type Beretta, so I may just tolerate the lever being decocker and safety. Springfield Armory seems to be expanding the XDE line with a 3.8 and 4.5 barrel length, so that may be a good sign that people are buying it and it won't just be discontinued suddenly like Sig did with the P250 line. Wish they had improved the "grip zone" by actually texturing more than the front and back straps.

Id love to have a polymer single stack TDA, but its really hard to get over the past with the XD series.

Site Supporter
    The XDS mod 2 I had was great, except for the dual mag release. If I could get a single side mag release, it would be my edc.

Whenever the XDE comes up, nobody mentions that its the size of a G19 with the ergonomics and apparent build quality of a Nintendo gameboy. It really doesn't save much size-wise over a duty grade da/sa. Not comparable to a G43/shield/p365/etc etc.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 05-12-2019 at 10:19 PM.

I understand the want/need for smaller/slimmer guns. As an example, the PX4 subcompact seems mostly hated, while others of us, find it fits a particular need. Recently, I bought a teacher I know, one of those EZ 380's, that he has been wanting for some of his classes. This gun has a concealed hammer and made me think if the 9mm shield series had a concealed hammer (or even exposed), I could see a good fit for several uses.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Whenever the XDE comes up, nobody mentions that its the size of a G19 with the ergonomics and apparent build quality of a Nintendo gameboy. It really doesn't save much size-wise over a duty grade da/sa. Not comparable to a G43/shield/p365/etc etc.

Are there been reports of it being fragile?

I’d be happy if they just added some texture to the grip and a factory plate system for mounting an rds.

User Tag List