Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gunworks Occupied Zone “Other Firearm”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If one of these is actually legal in NY state, I hope SOLGW sells every single one they make. What’s the current magazine limit for a semiautomatic non-handgun in NY? 5 rounds, 10 rounds? I’d rather have 10 rounds of 5.56 per magazine to defend myself in my home than 10 rounds of any handgun caliber.
    It was 7 under the SAFE act but that was the one SAFE Act provision overturned in court so now its back to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I love giving anti-individual safety legislation the finger, so good on them.

On the other hand, if the choices of lower are between things like "angry patriot" and "soul snatcher edition," then I’ll pass with gas.
    I've said the same thing about SOLGW's lowers for a while, despite liking most of what they put out. They just updated with the "Rebellious Stripes" lower though (rollmark is the rebel stripes flag used by the original SOL, with pictogram selector markings), so I may have to put my money where my mouth is and buy their first non-edgy lower to support a hometown business.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It was 7 under the SAFE act but that was the one SAFE Act provision overturned in court so now its back to 10.
    IIRC the court found that 7 rounds was "arbitrary and capricious" but somehow 10 wasn't.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I've said the same thing about SOLGW's lowers for a while, despite liking most of what they put out. They just updated with the "Rebellious Stripes" lower though (rollmark is the rebel stripes flag used by the original SOL, with pictogram selector markings), so I may have to put my money where my mouth is and buy their first non-edgy lower to support a hometown business.
    My plan is to Form 1 one here shortly. Been waiting on that lower to release for a few months now. I get the branding, but I'd prefer something that maybbe used as a defensive tool to be... well, not labeled "soul snatcher."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    My plan is to Form 1 one here shortly. Been waiting on that lower to release for a few months now. I get the branding, but I'd prefer something that maybbe used as a defensive tool to be... well, not labeled "soul snatcher."
    They also have had a the “L9” lower for sometime, it’s what is used on most of their Agency purchase guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They also have had a the “L9” lower for sometime, it’s what is used on most of their Agency purchase guns.
    Yeah, I knew about that one as well. My creds/statutory LEO designation cover many manufacturer discount/purchase programs, but I avoid anything that would be designated for patrol/duty use because while I'm designated as LE for purposes of firearm carry, I can't in good faith claim I'd be using a SOLGW AR15 "on duty." As such I don't feel it's right for me to take advantage of their program, particularly as they do not explicitly mention ADAs in their LEO sales policy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Yeah, I knew about that one as well. My creds/statutory LEO designation cover many manufacturer discount/purchase programs, but I avoid anything that would be designated for patrol/duty use because while I'm designated as LE for purposes of firearm carry, I can't in good faith claim I'd be using a SOLGW AR15 "on duty." As such I don't feel it's right for me to take advantage of their program, particularly as they do not explicitly mention ADAs in their LEO sales policy.
    They developed it for Agency guns but last I checked they offered it as a commercial option. You should be able to get the L9 lower without going through the discount program. Call them.

I'm now the owner of one of the Rebellious Stripes lowers. Lead time was exactly 30 days from order to shipment this time around, apparently due to availability of the Forward Controls Design ambi mag release and bolt catch I ordered.

I really like the spec-your-own-lower option they offer -- I didn't waste money on parts I would have taken off, and had the parts I wanted professionally installed. I opted for their Liberty Fighting Trigger this time around and was pleasantly surprised: it's probably about six pounds with a nice roll to it and a very quick reset. The FCD parts are impressive. I'm very happy with the Radian Talon safety. Per their recommendation for my intended use, I went with a VLTOR A5 using an A5H2 buffer.

Best of all, for a nominal fee, they did my SBR engravings on it and I'll be doing a Form 1 soon.

It's really a turnkey setup for what will become my first SBR. I went this route because, as I'll be married to the lower due to the registry, I wanted a professionally-built gun. So far it's impressive.

Site Supporter
    ATF RESCINDS PRIOR METHODS TO MEASURE A FIREARM’S OVERALL LENGTH WHEN EQUIPPED WITH A STABILIZING BRACE

https://blog.princelaw.com/2019/07/0...LmUhFQXZnoSn3c

Last edited by HCM; 07-05-2019 at 10:07 PM.

God, this is getting ridiculous.
    #RESIST

User Tag List