Thread: M&P 15-22 Handguard Replacement Upgrades Available?

M&P 15-22 Handguard Replacement Upgrades Available?

I saw something on the internet about an adapter you can buy to install on the 15-22 that lets you install any AR handguard you want. For reasons that don't make financial sense, I want to put the same geissele handguard/rail on there that I have on my 5.56 AR. Anyone know anything about this adapter or have any experience with it?

Several companies make full replacements. Check out NC Star. The adapters leave a gap between the rail and upper receiver. The dedicated units don’t.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Several companies make full replacements. Check out NC Star. The adapters leave a gap between the rail and upper receiver. The dedicated units don’t.
    Thanks, John! Oddly it seems they only make it in keymod and all of my stuff is mlok. I don’t have a dog in the mlok vs keymod fight but all my stuff is mlok so I’m inclined to keep things easier and stick with that.

Interesting note about the gap. The first link shared showed two adapters, one said it left gap but required no permanent mods. The other said it would leave no gap but required some modding.

User Tag List