Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just spent the week at FLETC.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    As far as I know, the pulp mill is still operating. At least that’s the explanation I give myself when I wonder why the air smells like a large septic tank ruptured.
    We called it Brunswick Stew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    We called it Brunswick Stew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Going back to cuisine, it’s not real Brunswick stew unless it contains squirrel.

The only thing that was actually good to eat in the Artesia chow hall was the banana bread. Pro tip: If BIA is getting released to eat...stay the hell outta their way or you’ll get trampled.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    The only thing that was actually good to eat in the Artesia chow hall was the banana bread. Pro tip: If BIA is getting released to eat...stay the hell outta their way or you’ll get trampled.
    I have no doubt....particularly on steak night.

My 1st trip there, Border Patrol and Air Marshal classes were blowing and going...the place looked like a military parade deck, and I think cadets were crammed 4 to a room. The BP and FAM classes had a lot of ex-.mil, and I want to say that the median age was 23....I had kids that age at the time. Luckily, I was in an in-service class and got my own place at the Hilton.

When I went to FITP later, things were more sedate. I was at the barracks with the pool, but had the room to myself.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    If you don't hit Barbara Jean's for crabcakes and cheese grits, you're doing it wrong. Also on St. Simons is Bennie's Red Barn which is an excellent steak house.

The other hidden gem is Mud Cat Charlies. It's just a few minutes from the campus, to the north, and has excellent seafood.
    Gnat's Landing on St Simons has the best Shrimp and Grits I've ever had. I've been to both Glynco and Artesia - I personally think if I was working at FLETC I'd prefer Artesia.

Mallery Street Cafe on St.Simon's was my favorite Sunday morning breakfast spot.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 05-27-2019 at 01:10 PM.

User Tag List