Thread: Smith & Wesson 67-1 firing pin?

Smith & Wesson 67-1 firing pin?

Ok so the firing pin in my 67-1 broke doing dry fire. Anyone know where to get a firing pin for a 67-1? I’m pretty sure all the 67-1s were made before 1988 and they use the earlier firing pin but I’m not 100% sure on that. Anyone know if the post 88 firing pin nose will work with that?

You only need a hammer nose. It's a riveted in place piece. Brownells and a gunsmith, you don't need a hammer.

Site Supporter
    After you get it replaced, use snap caps for your dry fire. Will probably happen again if you don’t, will probably not if you do.

I was using dummy rounds but apparently I need to get some actual snap caps .

So just the hammer nose and rivet from brownells is what I need?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post

Yep..
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Suggest looking to Numrich, Jack First or eBay, in that order. Or post a "want to buy" ad at S&W Forum.

Your 67-1 is a pre-'88 build and shouldn't have the spring loaded hammer nose. Brownells last I checked only has the modern S&W frame mounted firing pins, and the Power Custom spring loaded post-'88 hammer noses, which won't fit yours; they do not have the correct part for your revolver, but the aforementioned sources do.

Also suggest a qualified revolversmith to fit the new nose and properly stake the rivet, and give the revolver a good once-over. Defect-free hammer noses and parts properly fit and aligned shouldn't yield broken hammer noses whether or not snap caps are used.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Ok so the one Brownells has is NOT the right one? That’s great...I just ordered one this morning.....🙁

Ok so the one Brownells has is NOT the right one? That’s great...I just ordered one this morning.....🙁
    Was it the Power Custom? If so, that's a spring-loaded version; the location for the rivet on the spring-loaded hammers is in a different spot than for the non-spring-loaded hammers and I don't think they crossover.

1) Link to what you bought?

2) Visually confirm on your 67-1 that it is or isn't a spring-loaded hammer nose.

3) You can also go to Numrich and and check parts for your specific model and dash number; they'll show a picture of what you need.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=0/sku=713000167/sku/ .

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/searc...6184&pid=60393

Unfortunately I’m out of town so I cannot look at it but the hammer nose on my 67-1 looks like the one on my 64-5s, and 686-3 and 14-3.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 05-16-2019 at 08:56 PM.

User Tag List