Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 320: Your Best Group

Week 320: Your Best Group

Week 320: Your Best Group

Results may be posted until June 10th, 2019.

Designed by: Gabe White
    Range: 25 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, can be downloaded here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: ready
    Rounds Fired: 5 or more

This is going to be a very simple drill suitable for indoor ranges with holster restrictions.

Shoot your best 5-shot group at 25 yards. No time limit. No limit on number of attempts. Once you have shot the group, total the points, including Xs. Measure the group and note the largest measurement you can get (outside edge to outside edge of the two bullet holes that are furthest from each other.)

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol and ammo used
    Number of attempts
    Total points, including Xs
    Group size
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Gen 5 Glock 34 stock with minus connector and Aimpoint ACRO with Dawson Backup irons
    Ammo 124 grain American Eagle
    I Shot about 5 attempts before this one hahaha, I’ll shoot some more tomorrow.
    50-0X
    2.83” group
    Visual patience and good trigger control required as always. I shot 5 more rounds after checking this group and taking the picture that netted 99-1X.

Name:  8CD1B7E3-FC92-4814-83E0-ADA6E5A43320.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  29.7 KB

G19.5 w/ RM06 (edited to add, TTI Minus Connector)
    AE 147gr
    Two attempts
    49-4X

My one point down was as close as possible to being in the 10 ring without actually breaking the line, in my opinion. Grease ring was juuuuust a bit outside, but I'm keeping it honest. This is the best group I've ever shot freestyle with a pistol, and is certainly a fluke given the factory Gen 5 barrel. They are good, but probably not this good.
    Last edited by fwrun; 05-10-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Pistol and ammo used: Glock 17 Gen 5. 124g AE, Dawson sights.
    Number of attempts: One. I shot this after I did the “One cold shot” drill. I had not shot since April 20.
    Total points, including Xs: 49-1X
    Group size: 3-3/4”
    Anything you noticed:

This was the first five shots of, I believe, the best 25 yard, 10 shot B8, I have ever shot (posted in the 25 yard thread). I have not been shooting my Gen 5 much in practice and have been focussing on my Gen 2. The Gen 2, with it’s 7lb trigger, and less inherent mechanical accuracy, is a real chore to keep in low 90’s on 25 yard B8’s. In fact, I could not get above 89 points with it yesterday, despite shooting my best ever target with my Gen 5. I believe trying to improve my performance with the Gen 2 at distance, has improved my overall performance with my Gen 5.

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 05-12-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Edit to ad, used iron sights.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

HK VP9 with Trijicon HDs. Speer Lawman 115 or S&B. Didn't pay attention to what I had in the mag before I shot.
    One attempt.
    48-0x
    I feel like the stars aligned for me on this. I could've done a better job centering the sights, but I intended to shoot one string, see how it worked, and adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't stick anything really good today.

Glock 45 with Ameriglos:

Smith 642 shot with irons (6.75" and massively left as I've known):

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

CZ P-07 w/venom rds, Fiochii 115gr
    3 attempts
    40 pts, no X
    About 10-12"

Name:  IMG_5946.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  39.3 KB

Distance group shooting is still one of my biggest areas I need to improve on. I shot 3 quick attempts, these were the best two. I scored exactly the same strangely enough. I would have been thrilled with my bottom group if I hadn't heeled the gun on the first shot. Will try again and give a better effort.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Pistol and ammo used: P320C with HS407C MRDS, 124 AE
    Number of attempts: 5, my best came on attempt #4
    Total points, including Xs: 46-1x
    Group size: 4.420"
    Anything you noticed: My group is not great at all compared to the awesome stuff already posted here, but it is a great improvement for me. Last June, I was perfectly capable of shooting D's or even mikes at 25 and not being able to call it. The three things that I need to improve to get my groups down to tennis ball size: Wobble zone is too large, trigger press still disturbs dot, I still deal with anticipation. I pulled one shot low in each group.

I did shoot one group that was all in the black, but it was slightly larger than the posted attempt.

Name:  IMG_1565.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  21.9 KB

Site Supporter
    23 May
    Multiple attempts, mostly bad. G19x I just got a couple of weeks ago, trying some drills with it.

Best was this one: 48-1x

Name:  26BBB82A-B821-4C49-A457-3F6807977EB3.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  42.7 KB

Gun is my SA 9mm Operator heavily tuned (to hard fit) by Dave Sams.

It's "ok". But this is about all I've been able to squeeze out of this (a machine rested 1" 50 yard pistol) or anything this year. A little dismayed by the fall off but it's been my own fault of scattered training focus between different pistols, sights and a substantial amount of vision tinkering between contact combo's and eyeglasses since a significant change in my prescription this year.

Name:  5.26.2019.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  32.2 KB

Two years ago. Hence some level of dismay. Will find out this summer if I can reel this back in. Can't blame these pistols, that's for sure.

Name:  LBO.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  63.0 KB
    Last edited by JHC; 05-28-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List