Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Pads

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

Muzzle Pads

We’ll be tossing these up over the weekend. Two firmness levels, one that’s about right and one that’s just a little firmer.

Name:  0FC28DDC-0584-4E83-A200-61DEE78BB6BB.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  39.1 KB
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 05-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

The hits just keep on coming!

Do you have any of the "sciency" stuff about what makes these great and how they differ from the generic Vdev or JM pad? If you need to send me a couple to beta test, I'll be happy to take one for the team. Dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

If it's on the same level as the Dark Wing or Koala, it will be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Do you have any of the "sciency" stuff about what makes these great and how they differ from the generic Vdev or JM pad? If you need to send me a couple to beta test, I'll be happy to take one for the team. Dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

If it's on the same level as the Dark Wing or Koala, it will be a winner.
    It’s an injection molded EVA foam that comes in two densities that I’ll call normal and a little firmer, when comparing things to other pads. They’re neither inherently better or worse, just different than what others offer. These aren’t foam that has been cut, they’re molded. That is better on one sense that the pads have a skin and won’t absorb moisture. The pads Tony uses though only absorb a small amount. They’re still a consumable item, but that will vary by user and how they install it. The Velcro is die cut to the back but is still an adhesive that may peel if you’re a super sweaty person. Not much can be done when tossing a flexible pad onto a hard surface, warming it up, making it wet, and then pushing on it all day. The same little tricks, a dab of super glue now and again may be needed.

The only disadvantage would be size, these are one size at the moment. I’m working out the kinks of a smaller flat pad and then perhaps a more traditional doorstop shaped pad. This one covers most of the bases and works kinda how I think a pad can be optimally shaped but still ambi.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    I’ve got the placeholder ready and a few of you have already found it.

https://darkstargear.com/product/muzzle-pad/

Details and images are coming. Thus far all the reviews from T&E users have been what I hoped for, they’re solid outta the box and appear like a finished product. More details to come. One thing to note, orders with Dark Wings and pads ship as soon as I can, orders with holsters and other accessories ship when everything is completed.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Do the pads ship with the loop Velcro as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Just ordered one of these and noted in the order I was referred by pistol-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Do the pads ship with the loop Velcro as well?

Not yet. Been waiting on a few shops to have loop back in stock in black so we can order them in strips.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Not yet. Been waiting on a few shops to have loop back in stock in black so we can order them in strips.
    Is McMaster Carr no bueno? I was looking at a couple options there for rehabbing a couple holsters.

It's spendy.

User Tag List