Page 93 of 256 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    JohnK

I finally got to call Springer. The Gen 1 MCOP was made in 2005. They sent me a shipping label.... it will gone thru however if there is an issue relating to a non springer part, they will not cover that part. The only thing I see that is non springer is the thumb safety. They also told me night sights are only covered under warranty for 12 years and they have to be completely dead. I returned the ILS MSH back to the frame.

Boxed up and ready to return to Springfield! Hopefully turnaround is quick.

I'd be surprised if they don't give it a full refresh knowing the circumstances of future use. But I think that just further reinforces the customer service and warranty of the Company. They know how to treat the customer well. Makes me want to continue to stick with them in the future should I ever be in the market again.

Ive been getting some failure to feeds with my lw champion and my 255gr loads. Its the last or second to last round in the mag. Its very random.

It already has a fbfp retainer. I just think the slide is moving to fast with this ammo. The mags are newish. Im going to try a wilson 22lb flatwire spring to see if that helps.

Ive switched back to gold dots for this gun for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Ive been getting some failure to feeds with my lw champion and my 255gr loads. Its the last or second to last round in the mag. Its very random.

It already has a fbfp retainer. I just think the slide is moving to fast with this ammo. The mags are newish. Im going to try a wilson 22lb flatwire spring to see if that helps.

Seven-round or eight-round magazines? If the latter, try the former.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Seven-round or eight-round magazines? If the latter, try the former.
    Wilson Vickers mags.

Ill keep that in mind though

Site Supporter
    @03RN any idea on what your mainspring weight is?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter

If you need a 22lb recoil spring in that gun do you have any concerns about the frame cracking? Or will it not be shot that much?

I'm honestly curious to hear what you say about it -- I carry a Lightweight Government but practice with an all-steel gun to limit the stress on the alloy frame.

Wilson Vickers mags.

Ill keep that in mind though
    That might be your problem. Supposedly it is the most problematic Wilson. Try an ETM or Powermag.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    That might be your problem. Supposedly it is the most problematic Wilson. Try an ETM or Powermag.

I’ve not heard that. I’ve used them in both .45 and 9mm quite a bit without issue. I like them.

Site Supporter
    @03RN - The only eight-round mags my Commander will run with are the ETMs, but is fine with most seven-round mags. It also took a 20-lb recoil spring, a 23-lb mainspring, and a square-bottomed firing pin stop to get it to run reliably with full-power ammo. Commander-size 1911s are the needy, whiny little bitches of the defensive handgun world.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post

I don’t know how any Wilson mag could be worse than a 47D.

The only functional difference between a Vickers mag and a flatwire ETM is a little different follower. It’s the same geometry but has a dimple to retain the last round and some sand cuts in the side.

User Tag List