Page 44 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    What kind of sock is he wearing?
    A happy one?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I thought I had to be Chris Costa for the action doll....Best, Jon
    I'm sure you'll be wildly popular on the Japanese runway.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Don't Colt serials ending in "-C" indicate commercial models? I just ran across one that was turned into someone's bullseye pistol including full Bomar rib on the slide and holes drilled for weights in the dust cover...

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Don't Colt serials ending in "-C" indicate commercial models? I just ran across one that was turned into someone's bullseye pistol including full Bomar rib on the slide and holes drilled for weights in the dust cover...
    yes, they are "Commercials", as is my Jim Hoag Mastergrade. We'd also refer to them as "Pre-70"

Probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway...what type of dovetail does Springfield use for their rear sights? I'm looking at some RO Targets and wondering if I can replace the rear sight with one like the Operator uses (Novak?), a Wilson, etc if I don't like the full on adjustable.

Site Supporter
    Probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway...what type of dovetail does Springfield use for their rear sights? I'm looking at some RO Targets and wondering if I can replace the rear sight with one like the Operator uses (Novak?), a Wilson, etc if I don't like the full on adjustable.
    The adjustable rear sights on Springfield Armory guns are LPA sight cuts. You would not be able to simply drop a Novak rear sight into the same slot, it would require a modification to the slide.

If you don't like the OEM rear sight, here are some sources for different adjustable sights that will fit that sight cut:

Kensight
    Dawson Precision
    Fusion Firearms
    Harrison Custom (fixed)

Site Supporter
    I think the rear sight I bought for mine was a Harrison rear sight made specifically for the RO.

It was mostly because the adjustable blade kept flying off. It took a considerable amount of fitting though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Thanks, that Harrison fixed rear would be my choice. I’d probably just send the slide and let him install it depending on the cost. Might even be worth getting a gold bead front site installed at the same time. Now I just need to decide 9 or 45...

Thanks, that Harrison fixed rear would be my choice. I’d probably just send the slide and let him install it depending on the cost. Might even be worth getting a gold bead front site installed at the same time. Now I just need to decide 9 or 45...
    If you haven't bought it yet, why choose there Range Officer with the adjustable sights and not a Springfield model with the sights you prefer?

Fair question. Right now it’s price, availability and having a Plan B in case I don’t like the factory adjustable sight. By the time I get ready to jump the what I’m willing to pay vs what’s available matrix may have changed.

User Tag List