Page 43 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That's no joke! First time out with mine I discovered I need to knock an edge down just a tad right where my support hand clamps over my social and ring fingers.
    I only have one set of VCD's which were recently purchased, but a small square of sandpaper was included with the grips.

Site Supporter
    I used to be much better about including sandpaper. I have moved away from enclosing such as part of it was dialing in the texturing in the first instance and the vast majority of my customer base either not wanting it, needing it, or having some themselves.

In the Odds of needing a sanding touch up v Stakes of not having sanding paper handy when you want to shoot/train, I need to recommit to enclosing a bit of sandpaper.

Thank you all for your feedback and business.

David of VCD Grips.

You make a great product, David. And you're teflon-coated to p-f sarcasm; win-win!

Best, Jon

1911/2011 Feedway Testing

Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance discusses a testing protocol to evaluate the freeway of your 1911/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    One of the absolute best buys in 1911 grips that I've found are Magpuls; they're about $20, and come in 2 textures the last time I checked; both have the scoop for magazine release access.

VCDs, or grips the VCD treats with their texturing are absolutely superb-and also represent a huge value on the price/operational excellence continuum.

Best, Jon
    Ergos are an awesome value too

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I had a set of the Magpul 1911 grips for a spell. If you're looking for the smallest grip circumference you can get with standard bushings they are what you're looking for. The aren't rounded like most grips, they have more of a triangle profile to them. My hands are a little too big for them and went with a set of VZ's but other than that I was very happy with them.

Magpuls
    Attachment 54967

The VZs I went to.
    Attachment 54968
    I love how MC Operators look on line but really want to get my MCOs frame refinished black.

Name:  colt2.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  37.2 KBName:  colt1.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  34.9 KB

Current level of awesome being changed from my plain colt government model to an xse of sorts, a guy in Indiana is redoing my slide and I am sprucing up the frame. It's going to be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    One of the absolute best buys in 1911 grips that I've found are Magpuls; they're about $20, and come in 2 textures the last time I checked; both have the scoop for magazine release access.

VCDs, or grips the VCD treats with their texturing are absolutely superb-and also represent a huge value on the price/operational excellence continuum.

Best, Jon
    Get this man to the hospital, he's come down with Haleyspeak. My God, I hope it isn't a new pandemic.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Get this man to the hospital, he's come down with Haleyspeak. My God, I hope it isn't a new pandemic.
    What kind of sock is he wearing?
    Does he have his own action doll yet?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    What kind of sock is he wearing?
    Does he have his own action doll yet?
    I thought I had to be Chris Costa for the action doll....Best, Jon

User Tag List