Page 37 of 257 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Bump back to page 1...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Honestly this thread should be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Honestly this thread should be stickied.
    This. @LittleLebowski?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Probably not unless we provide him one for "testing". Preferably a full in house build like a MARS THUG.
    You know, "research" and shit.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

He could borrow my MC operator

Best advice for keeping a 1911 running....

The best advice I can give to keep a 1911 running is....

....if you are new(ish) to the platform, buy a full size 1911 chambered in .45acp. Keep it lubed, use WC 47 7rnd mags, and feed it quality ammo that that particular gun likes. Change springs often. If it fails to cycle, don't freak out....look at the malfunction and figure out what is happening. It was designed in over 100 years ago....its not rocket science. YMMV.

Best,

Will

BTW, my favorite carry 1911 is a full size WC UltraLite Carry chambered in .38Super. Crazy accurate, easy to shoot, easy to carry, super(pardon the pun) reliable, and hits pretty damn hard. My carry load is the WC 124XTP that clocks out of my gun at 1370FPS.

I am at 13K with the factory barrel. 2008 model. Been using CMC mags since day one.

I want to step on the gas with this thing but work keeps getting in the way.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Just got back from a midweek shoot night. Kind of a practice session a local GM has put together to help the local guys and gals get better. Didn't shoot as well as I would have liked, but this Springfield only ever needed a bend of the extractor. It has never failed to feed, fire or eject the rounds I've put through it.

Hoping to break through to A class this season. This will be the gun to do it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Will Fennell View Post

BTW, my favorite carry 1911 is a full size WC UltraLite Carry chambered in .38Super. Crazy accurate, easy to shoot, easy to carry, super(pardon the pun) reliable, and hits pretty damn hard. My carry load is the WC 124XTP that clocks out of my gun at 1370FPS.
    I was thinking of picking one of these up, but Wilson is discontinuing the Super.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Just got back from a midweek shoot night. Kind of a practice session a local GM has put together to help the local guys and gals get better. Didn't shoot as well as I would have liked, but this Springfield only ever needed a bend of the extractor. It has never failed to feed, fire or eject the rounds I've put through it.

Hoping to break through to A class this season. This will be the gun to do it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    What's your practice ammo of choice?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List