Page 150 of 253 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2528

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Am I remembering correctly that the only part I need to swap to convert a .45 frame to 9mm/.38 Super is the ejector?

Sure, the mainspring and slide stop need to be changed but the ejector is really the only .45 specific frame part, right?
    So long as the frame is cut for a ramped barrel, yes. Otherwise the feed-ramp is different.
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Thanks, I kept thinking there was something else that might need to be done.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have a new Ruger LW Officer’s in 9mm. It came with Novak branded (I’m guessing licensed) three white dot sights. I really hate three dots, and three white dots in particular - with my eyes they turn into a mushy mess. I prefer an orange front and serrated black rear.

I had a conversation with one of the guys over at Wilson and decided to try one of their Novak cut #860 adjustable rears. I finally had a chance to shoot it a few days ago so I could calculate the new front sight height, and ordered a fiber optic front from Dawson.

It makes me appreciate the simplicity of replacing Glock sights…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

slight drift but still on same lines

I wished I had an "eye" when SACS did work on this piece in 2009/2011 and while I know its cosmetic and likely will never feel it with my 3X mitts, I want this done/to look right.

while I could do it with my crud hand tools, the fear is I don't have the proper measuring tools to avoid a break thru or getting too thin.

I would like the front strap straight and the trigger guard as high cut as it can go but no messing with the checkering.

anyone know of a company that will do this minor but difficult job? I ain't worried about refinish.... I will just paint with Aervoe (maybe down the road get the entire piece parkerized)

my ruffy Springer MCOP

some of you may say... leave it. It's bothered me for years.... I want to get it done.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Talking

Name:  DF054890-4E9B-4308-9D1A-A8027A1AEC3D.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  38.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have 4 1911 frames, all are cut to match your red line, so I'd imagine there is enough metal.

Most folks have a Dremel. Just go easy.

https://www.dremel.com/us/en/p/952-2615000952

https://www.dremel.com/us/en/p/516-2615000516

https://www.dremel.com/us/en/p/520-02-26150520aa
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    A half-round file is a lot easier to avoid going overboard with.

first of all, HAHHAHAHAHAHA

I tried to word my post in an attempt to avoid me doing the work as these hands have zero finesse.

I have 2 dremels, files and years of hacking stuff from my 1980s oilfield years.

I would pay for a pro to do it, but now yall got me thinking different.

is there a certain tool (caliper) to measure thickness all they way up the front strap?

my guess, long and narrow inward jaws
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

If you shoot the pistol well, I'd leave it. No use messing with something that isn't broken.

Personally, I don't prefer really high cut frontstraps

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    first of all, HAHHAHAHAHAHA

I tried to word my post in an attempt to avoid me doing the work as these hands have zero finesse.

I have 2 dremels, files and years of hacking stuff from my 1980s oilfield years.

I would pay for a pro to do it, but now yall got me thinking different.

is there a certain tool (caliper) to measure thickness all they way up the front strap?

my guess, long and narrow inward jaws
    Assuming you have a regular caliper:

https://www.micromark.com/Pocket-Siz...RoC_AEQAvD_BwE
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List